8 replies to this topic

#1 TGaffney OFFLINE  

TGaffney
  • Member No: 10752
  • 40 Thanks
  • 73 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 10:52 PM

Can anyone tell me what size belt fits the 22513-01 sno caster? If so I would
appreciate the information as I don't have a manual or parts list for this model.

The 22513-02 manual here shows part number 1712687 which is a 47" x 1/2"
belt.

Thanks!

#2 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 11:19 PM

checked my good year catalog and it says 84475 8-4 =1/2 -47-5=1/2 so the belt is 47 1/2 x 1/2 If you go with good year (or any other belt for that matter Make sure its kevlar good year kevlar belts are called Instapower ) that 47 should be shorter Bolens had a tendency to use a belt that Was not off the shelf or your hardware store so you might have to go to a drive line place
Cheers
Tyler
  • TGaffney said thank you

#3 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 11:24 PM

Someone might know off hand or have a parts book but incase you don't have any luck I did some searching and all I could come up with so far was a parts manual for that sno caster on Ebay, it's only 5.99 and free shipping. here is the link http://www.ebay.com/...=item588c9456d1

#4 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 08:48 AM

The original Bolens belt was a cogged belt.
Found a Genuine Factory replacement belt for only $10.99
http://www.ebay.com/...=item5d332a2b93
  • MailmAn and TGaffney have said thanks

#5 TGaffney OFFLINE  

TGaffney
  • 40 Thanks
  • 73 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:15 PM

Thanks to all three of you for the suggestions. I'll purchase one of the suggested belts and report back when I get the snowblowe set up.

The blower is a single stage with kind of a short opening and the rotary blade is maybe only 12" high so I'm curious how well it works.

Does anyone have experience with this unit?

#6 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 08:22 AM

Thanks to all three of you for the suggestions. I'll purchase one of the suggested belts and report back when I get the snowblowe set up.

The blower is a single stage with kind of a short opening and the rotary blade is maybe only 12" high so I'm curious how well it works.

Does anyone have experience with this unit?

The single stage blowers work great ( Except in heavy wet snow)
The key to running these single stag blowers is to keep them fed a high volume of snow which prevents clogging and throws the snow farther. It may take some practice but once you get the hang of using it I think you will like it.

Here's a picture I found of a snow caster mounted on a walkbehind which is similar to the one you have.

Attached Thumbnails

• bb.jpg

#7 TGaffney OFFLINE  

TGaffney
  • 40 Thanks
  • 73 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 10:21 PM

Thanks for the advice Dr. Bolens.

I had to laugh when you said this model doesn't work well on heavy wet snow - which is what we typically get here on Cape Cod. I have a newer Ariens walk behind two stage snow blower - so when we get snow I'll try the sno caster and if it doens't cut the mustard I can use the walk behind.

When you say it is best to keep single stage blowers fed a high volume of snow do you mean that I should go at a faster ground speed vs. a slower ground speed?

#8 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 07:52 AM

Thanks for the advice Dr. Bolens.

When you say it is best to keep single stage blowers fed a high volume of snow do you mean that I should go at a faster ground speed vs. a slower ground speed?

Yes, Regulgulating ground speed depending on the conditions is the key to getting them to work well and throw the snow far.
You want to run the engine at full throttle then select a ground speed where the engine is under a constant load but not to the point where it is bogging down.

#9 TGaffney OFFLINE  

TGaffney
  • 40 Thanks
  • 73 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 09:46 PM

I hooked up the blower with the belt that my Dad had used - wow does it spin fast at high rpm. I ordered the belt Dr. Bolens found so I think I'll be set for snow here. The sno caster is somewhat rusty so if I can make the time I'll clean it up an repaint it - which should help in terms of the snow not sticking as much. Between the sno caster and my Dad's 1962 Ariens Sno Thro that I just tuned up I think I'll be all set when we get snow.