• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,777 Thanks
  • 4,302 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 06:37 PM

:welcometogttalk: Looks like you have a good GT to work with!
  • ec100ford said thank you

#17 IslandFordguy OFFLINE  

IslandFordguy
  • Member No: 10884
  • 19 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 07:44 PM

Nice. Very much like mine. Yours still has original rubber still on it by the looks of it. The exhaust on mine never dicooured the hood though. Just the frame upright. I wiped a lot of it off with a gentle dose of thinner.

#18 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 04:55 PM

welcome to the forum. I have a Ford 100 finished and 1 almost finished. They are a tough old tractor.I just put a lot of seat time on my 100 at the show this week, it was my main rider.

#19 ec100ford OFFLINE  

ec100ford
  • Member No: 14638
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 02:47 PM

Is there any other common problems that i should look at before i start tearing it down and what spark plug do i use to replace the original it looks like they dont make the rh10 anymore

#20 IslandFordguy OFFLINE  

IslandFordguy
  • Member No: 10884
  • 19 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 07:16 AM

Is that the original engine for that machine? Must be with all the original stuff it has still on it. Mine is the same tractor but the engine and belt guard are painted body colour. Does anybody know why some are black and others are blue? I know the Jac chiefs have black engines a lot. Just curious. I'll check and see what I'm running for a plug when I get home. Garanteed it isn't a champion. Never had any luck with Champion stuff.

#21 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 07:36 AM

Is there any other common problems that i should look at before i start tearing it down and what spark plug do i use to replace the original it looks like they dont make the rh10 anymore

Nice looking Ford there. Looking forward to updates on your resto.

#22 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 07:36 AM

Welcome! Just saw the thread, VERY NICE original Ford!! and great price! You will find this site is full of great information and great members!

#23 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 12:44 PM

Is that the original engine for that machine? Must be with all the original stuff it has still on it. Mine is the same tractor but the engine and belt guard are painted body colour. Does anybody know why some are black and others are blue? I know the Jac chiefs have black engines a lot. Just curious. I'll check and see what I'm running for a plug when I get home. Garanteed it isn't a champion. Never had any luck with Champion stuff.

The colors were just Dependant on the year of the tractor. for the most part on the old Fords or Jacobsens the engine was the color of the tractor. The belt cover was black on most of them but again it depended what the factory decided that year.
  • IslandFordguy said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ford 100, ford lgt, ford lg, jacobsen 1000, jacobsen chief