28 replies to this topic

#16 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8713
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted November 20, 2012 - 06:44 PM

The green one in the picture is a 38'' Deck.
It can be adapted to the 1053 if you have the proper mounting brackets

yes i'm looking in to that also doc in Christ

#17 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 09:09 AM

yups the motor is no good i was trying to check the points and i noticed the shaft was not movin shucks that ain't good so i took the plug out and was spinning it over and the piston was not moving shucks that ain't good so i guess some how the top is seperated from the rod so i set it aside for now , i called my friend sascr and he said he had one some parts was missing but i have those on mine so we came together on a the price so between building christimas presents and doing a little to the 1669 hydro not much done . in Christ bobby

#18 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 09:28 AM

Awww... that's too bad, Bobby! I was hoping you could get that Wisconsin running fairly easily. Now I guess this is turning into a bit more of a project than you probably originally thought. Good luck with it though and hope you can find a good donor engine for it or else get the one you have rebuilt and running. It looks like it should be a good tractor for you if you can get a good power source for it!

I do have a couple questions for you though. The first is, what engine does that 1053 have in it? I'm wondering if all the Wisconsin engines had pretty much the same carburetor setup on them? If your engine's carb might work on my S8D engine and your engine is shot anyways, I might be interested in buying your carb off of you as a good core to rebuild to replace the carb on my engine. My S8D has been a bit finicky I think in my 850 and I'd like to rebuild the carb, but I don't want to pull the carb off of my engine and not have the use of my tractor while it is being rebuilt.

The second question is about the other deck you have. It is the exact same deck I have on my 850 and will fit right on mine without any modification. Granted, I already have a working 38" deck on mine now and I really only wanted a different deck for it if I could find one with wheels on it, which it looks like yours doesn't have anti-scalp wheels on it either. But, maybe I can find wheels for it to bolt-on and have a good replacement deck? I also felt I botched up the resto on my deck and don't like the paint job I did on it (plus it is white and not the original color, not like I care that much, but...). However, I also don't feel like tearing it all apart again since I just got it together and working again. But, if I had the chance to rebuild another deck the right way with the correct color and maybe slap some wheels on it so it doesn't scalp as badly as my current deck does, it might be worth it. Let me know what you think. If you're set on keeping that deck though, I totally understand too. Just throwing it out there!

Edited by MailmAn, December 20, 2012 - 09:29 AM.

• goodnews said thank you

#19 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 10:19 AM

I ask becasue the plug is located over the valves and you can't see the pistion.

Yes, that is a good point (I always wondered why the plug wasn't over the piston myself, which seems to make more sense to me, but hey...) but still, if he didn't see anything moving inside when he pulled the plug, then that at least means that the intake valve isn't moving, if not the piston. Also, as others have previously posted, these Wisconsins are difficult to check compression on as they have a compression relief valve on the cam to make them easier to start. I suppose if it has absolutely no compression at all, that would be a realy bad sign though...

#20 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 10:21 AM

Awww... that's too bad, Bobby! I was hoping you could get that Wisconsin running fairly easily. Now I guess this is turning into a bit more of a project than you probably originally thought. Good luck with it though and hope you can find a good donor engine for it or else get the one you have rebuilt and running. It looks like it should be a good tractor for you if you can get a good power source for it!

I do have a couple questions for you though. The first is, what engine does that 1053 have in it? I'm wondering if all the Wisconsin engines had pretty much the same carburetor setup on them? If your engine's carb might work on my S8D engine and your engine is shot anyways, I might be interested in buying your carb off of you as a good core to rebuild to replace the carb on my engine. My S8D has been a bit finicky I think in my 850 and I'd like to rebuild the carb, but I don't want to pull the carb off of my engine and not have the use of my tractor while it is being rebuilt.

The second question is about the other deck you have. It is the exact same deck I have on my 850 and will fit right on mine without any modification. Granted, I already have a working 38" deck on mine now and I really only wanted a different deck for it if I could find one with wheels on it, which it looks like yours doesn't have anti-scalp wheels on it either. But, maybe I can find wheels for it to bolt-on and have a good replacement deck? I also felt I botched up the resto on my deck and don't like the paint job I did on it (plus it is white and not the original color, not like I care that much, but...). However, I also don't feel like tearing it all apart again since I just got it together and working again. But, if I had the chance to rebuild another deck the right way with the correct color and maybe slap some wheels on it so it doesn't scalp as badly as my current deck does, it might be worth it. Let me know what you think. If you're set on keeping that deck though, I totally understand too. Just throwing it out there!

the motor i'm getting from sascr does not have a carb so i have to use mine my carb is zenith and the 1054 is a zenith as for the deck i was going to see if ican make the green one work so i don't knom what i'll to use off the other one but what ever is left you can have it i'll keep you posted . in Christ bobby
  • MailmAn said thank you

#21 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 10:30 AM

If the rod is broken the points plunger should still work because it it moved by the cam. Are the points stuck open or closed. If they are open the the plunger may just be stuck from sitting and you maybe able to free it up. If they are closed it could mean that the plunger is broken or possibly the points just maybe really out of adjustment. Also when you took the plug out did you stick your finger over the whole to check for compression? I ask becasue the plug is located over the valves and you can't see the pistion.

i didn't know that farmerall so l will do some more checking , the motor i'm getting from sascr i s suppose to be good so i'll use it for now and then work on the other one at alater time i'll post results when i know but thank you!!!! for the info. in Christ bobby

#22 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 03:19 PM

pulled the head off the wis. today you guys was right the rod and piston work fine both valves was stuck open so i will be going into it futher just for learning about these wis. i've already made a deal with sascr he'll be bringing one up next week on the way to Greensboro  he has already sold some external parts but i've got them on the motor i have now i just need to get to work on it,  finished the 1669 hydro today so now its me and the 1053 we'll kep ya'll posted.  in Christ He's comming back!!!!!!      bobby

Edited by goodnews, January 07, 2013 - 03:21 PM.

• Bolens 1000 and MailmAn have said thanks

#23 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 07:27 PM

hey fellas the itch is back  got started  on the 1053 yesterday sat. pics. will be posted tomorrow. got my 50 dollar blast cabinet set up and working

makes those smaller pieces alot easier keep you'll posted.

Christ is Risen   bobby

• Newpaws493 said thank you

#24 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 07:38 AM

hey fellas the itch is back  got started  on the 1053 yesterday sat. pics. will be posted tomorrow. got my 50 dollar blast cabinet set up and working

makes those smaller pieces alot easier keep you'll posted.

Christ is Risen   bobby

Lookin forward to it! :thumbs:

#25 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 06:55 PM

IMG_0583.JPG IMG_0583.JPG IMG_0584.JPG IMG_0585.JPG IMG_0586.JPG IMG_0587.JPG IMG_0589.JPG IMG_0590.JPG IMG_0591.JPG IMG_0592.JPG IMG_0593.JPG IMG_0595.JPG got alot of clean up done today  i was going to do chasis tommorow but a man  came and wants two dog houses so 1053 will be on hold for 6 days gota make that money while ican, heres pics,

Edited by Bolens 1000, April 01, 2013 - 07:01 PM.
Fixed Pictures

• Newpaws493 said thank you

#26 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 07:00 PM

if any body knows  delete the first 2 pics for me  thanks in Christ   bobby

#27 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 07:06 PM

that 1054 is beautiful... your parting it out?

#28 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,678 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 07:10 PM

Looks like your making Good Progress!

#29 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted April 01, 2013 - 08:06 PM

that 1054 is beautiful... your parting it out?         no way!!!!