• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,880 Thanks
  • 3,203 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 01:06 AM

Does anyone else out there have an intrest in purebred dogs, dog shows, agility, etc? We have had a great time with our Tibetan mastiff over the last four years going to a few shows.
  • Wheel Horse Kid said thank you

#2 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 01:08 AM

Yes sir.. I have five German Wire Haired Pointers. Couple field trials with the oldest boy i have and many birds flushed by him also.. I love my furry 6 .. one older lab is the boss of all of em..
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#3 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 07:17 AM

We have Newfoundland's. We don't show but do the working dog stuff, draft/sledding and water rescue. We may try agility this summer

#4 grnspot110 OFFLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 07:22 AM

Not show dogs, but purebred, Chief (on ground), 7 years & Dottie, 9 months:

HPIM3904 (Custom).JPG

Lowell

#5 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 08:44 AM

Right here, man! I have a purebred German Shepherd Dog that I got in May that I love to death! We are best friends! Funny you should post this topic today as I am actually going to attend my very first dog show tomorrow (Just as a spectator). Then, next week, I am going to be in my first dog show with my German Shepherd as a competitor. And yes, I love all of the dog sports. Rally, Obedience, Agility, Conformation Showing, Showmanship. They are all awesome competitions!

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,743 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 08:59 AM

Right here, man! I have a purebred German Shepherd Dog that I got in May that I love to death! We are best friends! Funny you should post this topic today as I am actually going to attend my very first dog show tomorrow (Just as a spectator). Then, next week, I am going to be in my first dog show with my German Shepherd as a competitor. And yes, I love all of the dog sports. Rally, Obedience, Agility, Conformation Showing, Showmanship. They are all awesome competitions!

Now, if your GT would just do all that! :bigrofl:

#7 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • 5,880 Thanks
  • 3,203 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 03:35 PM

We have Newfoundland's. We don't show but do the working dog stuff, draft/sledding and water rescue. We may try agility this summer

#8 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • 5,880 Thanks
  • 3,203 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 03:47 PM

Good to hear from all of you. We've done the dog stuff since 1968 when we got our first German Shorthaired Pointer, did lots of hunting, found they did everything the books said they would and more! Bred them for over 25 years after getting into showing as well. Now have a 6 year old German sheperd and a pair of Tibetan Mastiffs. Never too old to try something new! Good luck at the show with your sheperd--- don't let someone "innoscently" run up behind on your dog's heels--- that can be a bit tramatic on your first time in the ring. Most exibitors are pretty good, but you have to keep your eyes open. Let us know how you do, and good luck.
  • Team_Green said thank you

#9 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 07:12 PM

I have run both field trials and hunt tests with my Boykin Spaniel. I was a co-judge this past weekend at a local club. He is now 11 years old so we no longer compete, but it was a great sport filled with great people. I miss training and competing.

#10 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 07:19 PM

tractor cat.jpg "Them dogs don't know squat about tractors!"

#11 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • 5,880 Thanks
  • 3,203 posts

Posted November 14, 2012 - 01:16 PM

handsome couple.jpg IMG_0044.JPG

Good morning all--eight inches of snow on the ground and minus ten degrees, it's winter in the great white north !First pic is our black Tibetan mastiff girl Kawasi and our back and tan male, Asia. Second pic, the German Shepherd Ariba , and Asia. Ariba is 25 inches tall so you have an idea how big Asia, at 20 months is .Tibetans grow until they are between four and five years old.
  • Orangeman05 said thank you

#12 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • 5,880 Thanks
  • 3,203 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 12:57 AM

Hey Wheel Horse Kid, how did the dog show go? Up here the German Shepherd ring is super competitive, not for the faint of heart! But like I said, most show people are pretty darn good at helping someone new to the ring. I hope you did well and had a good experience your first time out.