• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Titus OFFLINE  

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,692 Thanks
  • 2,218 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 12:41 PM

Spoke with my father this morning and he's beating his head against a wall as to what happened to his bush hog GT back in 2001. He knows he sold it, and thinks he remembers to who. Well sort of.

1st, for those of you who don't know about my hunt for my fathers bush hog, the link is below:

My father is a very smart man all around. A jack of all trades. He could put anything into anything and make it function. He in my eyes is a mix of Red Green, Tim Allen, and the crew from this old house. Wood to metal, he could build and make it work.

Where I'm going with this is he took a Chrysler Lebaron steering colum and installed it onto a garden tractor. Not just a rod & a wheel, but the whole thing, air bag, horn buttons and all. He made it work and work it did!

He sold it back in 2001 in Coventry Rhode Island to a man. He thinks local, as the internet wasn't the full swing, hip thing it is today. Mom only published it in the local small town paper, the coventry reminder. The GT had a chrysler steering wheel, hydrostatic rear end, Wisconsin engine 10HP he believes and was painted black.

That tractor is going to stand out like a sore thumb. He believes the man who bought that, bought the bush hog as well. So if in your travels in the past ohhh 11 or so years in RI you've seen this, please contact me.

It's a long shot, but one more lead that I'm willing to look into to get more leads to find this thing!

Thank you all very much.