• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 speedyx OFFLINE  

speedyx
  • Member No: 14199
  • 8 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 04:00 PM

Anybody replace spyder gear in the rear end, or a source for a gear? The one source in PA does not answer emails.

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,658 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 06:34 PM

Welcome to the wonderful (NOT) world of parts hunting for Speedex! As you are finding, the few who say they have parts are hard to get ahold of. Did you go to www.speedextractorinformation.org? ORG, not COM. Hard to navigate, but look around some. Many forums are weak and little traffic. There is one on Yahoo groups too, but slow. Most of supporters are in Eastern OH, or Western PA as they were made in areas there. Just have to get on all of the forums and put questios out there. This might be a situation where you will have to wait for summer swap meets and maybe even buy another whole beater tractor to get the parts you need. The S series are alike for many years with improvements as you move up in years and model sizes. Sorry I can't help more. There was a few Speedex fellas on here I thought, suprised not more responding. I had a late model and much I had to just figure out myself, not much info. I have sold since, but keep thinking I want to try anothr later model........but so far have kept myself talked out of it, Ha!
  • speedyx said thank you

#3 speedyx OFFLINE  

speedyx
  • Member No: 14199
  • 8 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hello, I knew that going into this thing, I am sure its common gear parts just figuring out what was used. My pinion gear is pretty bad. Other have some wear but its not like I am going to use for farming.I think I can bush it and put a new shaft in, it would be ok for another 40 yrs unless some one really abused it.