• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 12:14 PM

That looks to have been well cared for, glad you were able to get it.

Enjoy.
  • jadefox said thank you

#47 jadefox OFFLINE  

jadefox
  • Member No: 14325
  • 15 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 01:21 PM

We started a thread under the CASE Ingersoll subforum if anyone is interested in following along: http://gardentractor...se-448-tractor/
  • A.C.T. said thank you

#48 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 12:47 AM

Good looking tractor! (We now have matching GT's.)

I am hoping to restore or refurbish mine in the spring but plan to blow snow with it first. I was encouraged by the popularity of your post. These are good tractors that are fun to use. Again, welcome to the club.
  • jadefox said thank you

#49 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 07:39 PM

Excellent tractor. Where in Maine are you folks located? My birth mother lives in Stowe over near the NH state line. Keep that Onan clean, valves adjusted and she will live a long life. Cooling is highly important on these, they will not tolerate running lean/hot or hot from gunk build up on the flywheel side of the jugs cooling fins. You can still get ag tread tires and front tri ribs for these from Miller tire, but those rear tires are not cheap to replace, not that the fronts are either. Enjoy that new tractor! Mike and Michele T
  • jadefox said thank you

#50 jadefox OFFLINE  

jadefox
  • 15 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 07:45 AM

Good looking tractor! (We now have matching GT's.)

I am hoping to restore or refurbish mine in the spring but plan to blow snow with it first. I was encouraged by the popularity of your post. These are good tractors that are fun to use. Again, welcome to the club.

We're very excited about it! I can't wait to get a three-point hitch on it and really get to work. So far, the tractor has been a champ hauling leaves and yard waste to the pile on the back 40. Looking forward to mounting the blade. :-)
  • A.C.T. said thank you

#51 jadefox OFFLINE  

jadefox
  • 15 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted November 19, 2012 - 12:06 PM

Excellent tractor. Where in Maine are you folks located? My birth mother lives in Stowe over near the NH state line. Keep that Onan clean, valves adjusted and she will live a long life. Cooling is highly important on these, they will not tolerate running lean/hot or hot from gunk build up on the flywheel side of the jugs cooling fins. You can still get ag tread tires and front tri ribs for these from Miller tire, but those rear tires are not cheap to replace, not that the fronts are either. Enjoy that new tractor! Mike and Michele T

Thanks, Guys! We're in Midcoast. We have a lot to learn about the Onan, but we're looking forward to the learning curve! Where's Miller Tire?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: case 448, craftsman lt200, craftsman dys 4500