LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,668 Thanks
  • 7,686 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 06:29 PM

There is a member on MTF( bhildret) who is a Case dealer. He's very knowledgeable and ships parts fast. Also, a nice guy!

Edited by LilysDad, November 05, 2012 - 06:30 PM.

• jadefox said thank you

#32 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 06:55 PM

Case are tough, but can be a bear to work on if troubles. Help me out here and tell me what a DYS 4500 IS?? Some Sears model? You might consider a newer Sears or Cub Cadet for the time being for just mowing and general yard work, then later buy a Utility size heavier tractor if you are going to be doing heavier yard and woods type work. My feelings are You never really ever get the Ideal tractor till later after trying out some and experiencing the ups/downs of certain brands. Older units are tougher in the bigger sizes IF you can work on them when needed. Newer ones would have more support and availability if you needed work done by someone else. Sears has those really big 9000 or 6000 series tractors that are neat, but pricey for new ones, maybe you don't wanna spend that much? The bigger Deere's sold at Lumber yards are pretty good, but ONLY if you get the biggest ones, not the "lawn" tractor size. I even like the bigger Husqvarna's they have now days.
  • jadefox said thank you

#33 jadefox OFFLINE  

jadefox
  • Member No: 14325
  • 15 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 09:08 PM

Case are tough, but can be a bear to work on if troubles. Help me out here and tell me what a DYS 4500 IS?? Some Sears model? You might consider a newer Sears or Cub Cadet for the time being for just mowing and general yard work, then later buy a Utility size heavier tractor if you are going to be doing heavier yard and woods type work. My feelings are You never really ever get the Ideal tractor till later after trying out some and experiencing the ups/downs of certain brands. Older units are tougher in the bigger sizes IF you can work on them when needed. Newer ones would have more support and availability if you needed work done by someone else. Sears has those really big 9000 or 6000 series tractors that are neat, but pricey for new ones, maybe you don't wanna spend that much? The bigger Deere's sold at Lumber yards are pretty good, but ONLY if you get the biggest ones, not the "lawn" tractor size. I even like the bigger Husqvarna's they have now days.

The DYS4500 is a Craftsman (Sears) brand. I've operated several lawn tractors and "real" tractors, but my experience with lawn tractors is mostly electric (back in the day) and John Deere more recently. I'd love to hop into back into a full size with a frunt bucket, bush hog, et al, but price is a factor. So it's lawn tractor for now. I am tempted by the Craftsman, but I just keep getting that Big Box BBQ grill feeling--you know, shiny and loads of bells and whistles but wondering how many corners did they have to cut to make the price point? While mowing will be critical, I'm looking to snow removal and brush clearing work most immediately. If we get the CASE, I want to learn it and spend the time working on it, and it sounds like there are a lot of knowledgeable folks willing to share their experience. It's alwats hard making these choices, but if the owner accepts our offer, I think we'll pull the trigger! More to come...

#34 jadefox OFFLINE  

jadefox
  • 15 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 08:47 AM

He accepted our offer on the CASE, so we should have it tomorrow! Pics will be forthcoming. :-)

#35 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 08:52 AM

Good luck with the 'new' GT. Glad you were able to make the purchase!
  • jadefox said thank you

#36 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 09:21 AM

good call on the CASE. they are tanks... and still on my wishlist.
  • A.C.T. and jadefox have said thanks

#37 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 06, 2012 - 09:39 AM

One thing that bothered me on the case 44x is the tiny front wheels.
You would think a bigger tire on the front ,on that heavy of a tractor ,would roll better and have a bigger contact area to keep it from sinking as bad
  • jadefox said thank you

#38 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,516 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 10:13 AM

Congratulations on your Case purchase. Here's hoping you get many years of good service out of it. :thumbs:
  • jadefox said thank you

#39 marlboro180 ONLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 10:22 AM

Congrats on the deal jadefox, you won't be disappointed .

Rat- I have always thought about the tires being " out of scale " as well, but I think it is that the rears are so tall, it make the fronts look smaller than they really are. ;-)
  • jadefox said thank you

#40 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 12:47 PM

I hope you like it as much as I do.

bth_congrats.jpg
  • jadefox said thank you

#41 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 01:14 PM

Congratulations on getting the deal you were looking for on the Case. I hope it works out for you. Keep us posted.
  • jadefox said thank you

#42 jadefox OFFLINE  

jadefox
  • 15 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 01:46 PM

We're currently looking for a trailer for this tractor, but what we really would love to find is a bagger. I'm having a hard time determining if the Ingersoll baggers are compatible. Any advice on where to look? Thanks!

#43 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 04:43 PM

Congrats on you new (to you) purchase. I think the Case will work better for you from what you have stated. Enjoy.
  • jadefox said thank you

#44 jadefox OFFLINE  

jadefox
  • 15 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 09:46 AM

We love it!

...now time to learn it!

Thanks for all the help in making our decision. :-)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0629-1.jpg
  • IMAG0623.jpg

• MH81 and sacsr have said thanks

#45 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 09:52 AM

Looks great in the barn, even better outside :-) Congrats!
  • jadefox said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: case 448, craftsman lt200, craftsman dys 4500