OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 10:40 PM

I thought I'd start this as a separate thread from the "Road Trip" one.

Got the HDT1000 today, and got a quick look at it.

The bad:

The upper part of the dash is beyond help. However I have a line on an aluminum one. I will need to drill a couple of holes for the guages, but that is a minor thing.

The cable to the Tach/hr meter is broken, so I'll have to get one made up so that guage works.

All 4 tires will need replaced. I think I'll just swap the wheels/tires from the HT20D with the ones on the HDT1000. I'll be using this tractor for snowplow duty this winter because it will be a lot easier to start.

It will need new radiator hoses, but there again, that's nothing major.

I'm also going to want some new decals as well.

The Good:

It's a HDT1000 :D :D :D

The 3-Cyl diesel sounds really strong, and is going to be a lot easier to start in the cold. It has glow plugs, PLUS a PO added a heater for the cooling system as well. I will need a muffler for it, but it sure sounds good with the straight pipe. Has a SERIOUS bark to it. It's got a nice idle as well.

It's in really good mechanical shape, and the sheet metal is all straight. Some surface rust but nothing major.

It also Has Power Steering and Cruise Control as well. I'm pretty sure that those were standard for this tractor.

It's definitely an interesting tractor, and I'm going to have fun getting to know it and working it.

There's a lot to learn about this rascal. I have no idea what year(s) it was build, but maybe I can get a mfg date for the engine. I'm sure that Mitsubishi has that info available somewhere. I would really like to find some documentation on it as well. I thinking that I may have to find someone in Europe with one to get that.

I'm having issues with YouTube, so I'll have to wait until I get home to post the 'loading vid'. Once I get it home and recovered from the road trip, I'll take a lot more pics, and will certainly take a good walk around video as well.

Here's a quick peek. These are pics of the trailer with everything loaded.

Attached Thumbnails

• HDT1000 004.jpg
  • HDT1000 002.jpg
  • HDT1000 003.jpg

#2 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 11:05 PM

Wow that is one rugged looking GT! Good luck with it! And Congrats on the find!

I also noticed the Sunbelt trailer, and one more thing, What type (class) and length Motorhome are you towing that with?

#3 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 11:21 PM

Mine is a Class A. It's 32' and is built on a Chevy P30 truck chassis. It has a Chev 454 engine.

Theres a better pic of it in this thread:
http://gardentractor...the-road-again/

There are three basic classes of motor home:

Class A - Basically a big box, and usually only only has one door.

Class C - Usually built on a Van type chassis. It has the driver and passenger doors to the cab, and a door to the coach as well. It's easily identified as it has the overhang over the cab, which is usually a bed.

Class B - These are on a van chassis as well, but aren't as large as the Class C, and don't have the overhang over the cab. Think "pregnant van".

Edited by OldBuzzard, November 04, 2012 - 11:25 PM.

#4 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,635 Thanks
  • 1,325 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 12:39 AM

Looks like you got a load of nice new toys there! The GT don't look to be to beat up, a little bit of paint and it'll look good as new. Maybe you should get a bigger trailer, it looks a little full :D
I did notice something though, looks pretty dry in the pics or are you planning on hitting some rain before home

#5 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 03:48 AM

Mine is a Class A. It's 32' and is built on a Chevy P30 truck chassis. It has a Chev 454 engine.

Class C - Usually built on a Van type chassis. It has the driver and passenger doors to the cab, and a door to the coach as well. It's easily identified as it has the overhang over the cab, which is usually a bed.

Class B - These are on a van chassis as well, but aren't as large as the Class C, and don't have the overhang over the cab. Think "pregnant van".

Nice rig you got there. I was just wondering because I just picked up a 27' Class C, On a Ford E350 Chassis, 460 engine.I was thinking about towing with it.

#6 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 05:04 AM

Blubird makes a 2-floor motorhome that starts around 750k, what a beautiful motorhome with 3 slideouts and way more amenities than you can imagine. Theyr ARE some class B's with an over hang. Allegro made a few and so does Coach USA. I worked at an extremely large dealership for a few years (over 300 units on site) and we used to go to RV Rallys all the time to do service on peoples units along with sales. What a great time it was.....you certainly got to see alot of diff types and setups.

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,392 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 05:14 AM

Nice load of goodies, OB! Have a safe trip home so we can see it all spread out!

#8 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 05:34 AM

Nice,nice ,nice Bolens.Would love to have that.

#9 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 08:14 AM

Well...look what I found!

I was looking for the model/sn tag, to no avail at this time, but DID find this 'dealer tag'.

At least we know who sold it. I know that the other HDT1000 was found in the Des Moines area as well. I wonder how many this dealer sold? Also, does anyone know if that dealer is still in business?

Attached Thumbnails

• HDT1000 005.jpg

#10 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 11:19 AM

Now I understand your desire to buck the wind last week and get moving.... Fantasic machine!

#11 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 12:12 PM

Here's a short vid of it being on loaded on the trailer. Not a great vid, especially at the end :D :D :D

The gent driving it is the PO. He and the young lad at the front of the trailer did ALL of the "Barge toting and bale lifting" involved to rearrange and load the trailer. About all I had to do was tie down the tractor.

#12 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 12:33 PM

Wow OB what a haul! Congratulations on the new member of your head.

#13 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted November 06, 2012 - 01:23 PM

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of ouur "Traveling companion".

This is the first time we have taken her with us in a vehicle, and she's handling it like a champ. When we are moving she spends most of the time under my seat. It has 'curtains' around the bottom of it, so it makes a perfect "Cat Cave".

She moves out and about when we stop. She definately likes the front dash, as it's a perfect place to nap and soak up some sun :D :D :D

Attached Thumbnails

• Smoke 002.jpg
  • Smoke 001.jpg

#14 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts