Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Good Canadian Source For Small Engine Parts?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 09:23 PM

I read a story once about some eskimos who drove their dog sled to an abandoned mining camp where thwere was a tractor left behind. They found that the glass fuel filter bowl was broken. They therefore carved a replacement out of wood and drove the tractor back to their village.

:rolling: :rolling:

Yeah, we do that all the time. The best time of year to do it, is late fall, when the Teak trees are dormant.
  • hatedge said thank you

#17 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hey! and I tought I was the only one doing that! :D
  • IamSherwood said thank you

#18 Watchdog OFFLINE  

Watchdog
  • Member No: 17146
  • 132 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 08:07 AM

I'm not sure this is the correct forum for this, but do any of my fellow Canadian members have a good source for small engine parts (Briggs & / or Tecumseh)? I'd like to find a source where shipping & boarder crossing fees don't exceed the cost of the parts. Better still would be a Canadian source. My local small engine shop always has the same answer: "I can get it for you. It'll be here in a couple of weeks."

Your small engine shop should be embarrassed.  I work at a little mom & pop operation in Alliston, ON, and we can easily have most parts overnight and shipping isn't crazy expensive.  As an example I needed a fuel solenoid for a Kohler carb.  I ordered it first thing in the morning and had it that afternoon.  Shipping was less than $8.  If I had waited until the next day for the regular order to go out, shipping would have been free and I still would have had the part the following day.

The only time we have to wait for parts is if there is no stock and the parts have to come from the states, then it's usually two weeks.  Regrettably, most parts suppliers will only sell to their contracted dealers, so you may still have to deal with a shop to get the parts you need.

Jeff

• New.Canadian.DB.Owner said thank you

#19 ABurns OFFLINE  

ABurns
  • Member No: 49700
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted November 10, 2013 - 08:22 PM

Try http://smallenginepartscanada.com

• New.Canadian.DB.Owner said thank you