Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Snow Cabs On Gt's

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Snow cabs on GT's (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Are they worth having / using

1. yes (22 votes [95.65%])

Percentage of vote: 95.65%

2. no (1 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 07:27 AM

I would be really careful about bringing engine air into the cab, you might get more than you bargained for (Carbon Monoxide)!

Just a thought. ~~ Lowell
  • Cvans said thank you

#32 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 09:45 PM

Might have to rethink this, Looks like those that do have cabs like them. I just never thought it worthwhile I only snow blow for about an hour or a little more at a time. Maybe I'll try it this year and see
These were two yrs ago last yr no snow We'll see what this yr brings

2 stage 011.jpg
My son the next morning with his blower
snowblower 001.jpg

#33 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 07:51 AM

I vote for a cab. It does not matter how flexible, fast, or acrobatic you are, you cant dodge the snow when that big gust of wind from the wrong direction blows your freshly blown snow back in your face, ears, and every other opening. Had a cab for two seasons now and that is the ONLY way to use a snowblower

Greg & Toy.jpg
Safe from the elements.jpg

#34 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 01:08 AM

... when that big gust of wind from the wrong direction blows your freshly blown snow back in your face, ears, and every other opening.

I suggest covering all of those anatomical areas and openings before losing track of the wind. Remember, part of the enjoyment of being out there is the fun of outthinking Ma Nature and her whims. :D

#35 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 02:40 PM

Before I got my Husqvarna I had a handle bar cab on my walk behind snowblowers for years. Never had to think twice about getting something whe I bought the lawn tractor. Yeh, I'm a wuss....... but a dry one. lol ! Hey HH, Do you still have the pics or instructions for that wheel chains installer / gizmo that you made.,,, the one out of wood , Ithink? It's getting tougher each year for me to put them on. Any chance that you could show 'em here ?

#36 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted November 16, 2012 - 05:49 PM

"Hey HH, Do you still have the pics or instructions for that wheel chains installer / gizmo that you made.,,, the one out of wood , Ithink? It's getting tougher each year for me to put them on. Any chance that you could show 'em here ?"

Yesss, another potential customer for the "Shoddy Enterprises E-Z Skid Chain Installer"! I'll find 'em and post 'em. (Remember "Postum", a real "old timer" should!)

#37 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted November 17, 2012 - 10:44 AM

"Hey HH, Do you still have the pics or instructions for that wheel chains installer / gizmo that you made.,,, the one out of wood , Ithink? It's getting tougher each year for me to put them on. Any chance that you could show 'em here ?"

Yesss, another potential customer for the "Shoddy Enterprises E-Z Skid Chain Installer"! I'll find 'em and post 'em. (Remember "Postum", a real "old timer" should!)

Then I'm for real ! lol Didn't like it as much as Cream of Wheat or oatmeal though.