Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,635 Thanks
  • 1,325 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 02:06 AM

With it getting dark out earlier every day I figure its time to get working on my 1000 again. I bought it about 2 1/2 years ago with a Tecumseh motor on it. It ran but was cobbled onto it in such a way it looked kinda ugly to say the least. I started working on it last fall and didn't get to much done with it last winter (had surgery on my knee).

My ? is if anybody has any pics of the dash tower/heat shield area so could get a good idea on where to drill the holes to conect the two. I replaced the original tower with a different one because it was all butched up and rusted out. Don't know for sure what model the new one came off of but I'm thinking its was a 800 or 900 being it has the hole for the high/low range.

Another thing do you guys say Bolens ten hundred or one thousand?

Here's a few pics of the area in question.

055.JPG 056.JPG 057.JPG 058.JPG 059.JPG

#2 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 06:27 AM

Good luck with your project and I hope you'll continue to post pics......Sorry to hear bout your knee....I barely escaped surgery on mine last year and so far it's pretty good so we'll see what happens.....
  • Nato77 said thank you

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 08:41 AM

Looks like the "new" dash you are going to put on is from an 800 or 900.
I will get some pics for you today of my 1000 and post them here.

The manuals always referred to them as the Ten-Hundred, but Dealers/ owners always called them the One Thousand
I refer to mine as "One Thousand"
  • Nato77 said thank you

#4 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,635 Thanks
  • 1,325 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 09:56 AM

Good luck with your project and I hope you'll continue to post pics......Sorry to hear bout your knee....I barely escaped surgery on mine last year and so far it's pretty good so we'll see what happens.....

I'm glad I had surgery on it. I pushed it off for three years because it was never the right "time" to do it. Messed it up when I was 8 or 9 and kept getting worst. Now my shoes don't wear funny and my back feels so much better. You don't realize how much your knees affect the rest of your body.

The plan is to this winter get it all fixed and painted. I took an engine from one of my 1050s and put it in place of the conglomeration that it had when I got t. Surprizingly the Wis. ran pretty good considering it sat outside for the last 20 or so years. Just need to put a head gasket on it, then I want to drive it around to make sure it works good under a load (smokes alittle right now but hopefully don't need to rebuild it).

The manuals always referred to them as the Ten-Hundred, but Dealers/ owners always called them the One Thousand
I refer to mine as "One Thousand"

:ditto:
  • MailmAn said thank you

#5 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,673 Thanks
  • 17,198 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 06:58 PM

Found some pictures on the web that show what the dash should look like. Mine has some extra holes added to it which Is why I didnt use it as an example.
The other set of pics show the heat shield/ battery area on mine

Posted Image

Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• husky 1000 dash 001.JPG
  • husky 1000 dash 004.JPG

• Nato77 and MailmAn have said thanks

#6 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51