Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
Wanted

Wtb: Bush Hog D4-7 Rhode Island (story Inside)

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 09:06 PM

Some have asked where my obsession came from, well here's my wanted ad which will explain more.

Trying to find my fathers old D4-7 Bush Hog tractor. It was sadly sold 12 years ago at a yard sale in Coventry Rhode Island when my family had to move. I've since moved back to RI and am on the hunt for it. As a child I would ride on his lap while we mowed the lawn, did yard work, or he'd just attach the trailer to it and pull me around the front lawn to have fun. That tractor built the home and leveled the land I grew up on.

Photos from when I was a child are attached below and I also have the serial number which is 7396. It would mean the world to me to find it again. I know it's a long shot, but these tractors aren't common like cub cadets or wheel horses so when you see one, you'll know what it is. I am willing to pay a finders fee to get it back too. Willing to travel to get this back into the family so one day when I have a son, we can do the same thing.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and please reply with any leads or tips to find this tractor. Thank you!

Attached Thumbnails

• 5K65Mf5Jc3Mc3ob3Nac1ad1eca169504f1d0c.jpeg
  • 5Ld5Gb5T13K43F13N8c1ac65ded2692001913.jpeg
  • 5N15La5P43Ga3K43M8c1abdf6de78badb11ef.jpeg

• olcowhand, MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and 1 other said thanks

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 09:14 PM

I wish you all the luck in the world to find this tractor Titus! Having the serial number is a blessing for the hunt for it.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 05:37 AM

It's been done before other things,like cars and trucks.I hope your quest end in a happy way for you.

Edited by mjodrey, November 04, 2012 - 05:38 AM.

#4 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 06:18 AM

Thats a great story and I hope it ends the way you wish for. Like you said, what a great way to spend time with your son now, and his son in the future.

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 06:45 AM

Good luck on the hunt! I hope you find it!

#6 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 07:46 AM

Good luck with your hunt, thanks for sharing your story. Having the serial # sure will help confirm your find. These hunts do have happy endings on occasion, hope yours is one, being able to share your childhood memories with your kids and grandkids is simply the best!!

#7 101 senior ONLINE  

101 senior

• Member No: 1393
  • 182 Thanks
  • 329 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 06:11 PM

good luck

#8 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 09:48 PM

Even if you don't find that exact tractor and you involve the children like your Dad did they will have the same memories that you cherish.
Good luck with your search.

#9 wrbourget OFFLINE  

wrbourget

• Member No: 6649
  • 28 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 11:42 PM

Some have asked where my obsession came from, well here's my wanted ad which will explain more.

Trying to find my fathers old D4-7 Bush Hog tractor. It was sadly sold 12 years ago at a yard sale in Coventry Rhode Island when my family had to move. I've since moved back to RI and am on the hunt for it. As a child I would ride on his lap while we mowed the lawn, did yard work, or he'd just attach the trailer to it and pull me around the front lawn to have fun. That tractor built the home and leveled the land I grew up on.

Photos from when I was a child are attached below and I also have the serial number which is 7396. It would mean the world to me to find it again. I know it's a long shot, but these tractors aren't common like cub cadets or wheel horses so when you see one, you'll know what it is. I am willing to pay a finders fee to get it back too. Willing to travel to get this back into the family so one day when I have a son, we can do the same thing.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and please reply with any leads or tips to find this tractor. Thank you!

That tractor was in Whitman mass. don't know if it's there any more but if you go to craigslist under Boston and type in whitman there is a guy whoh is seling old tractors and i bought a few and i looked at a BH there and i looked at the SN and i remember it being 7396 for some reason or another.

#10 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:43 PM

Thanks for the lead! How long ago was it? Was his name Ron? Thanks!

#11 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:45 PM

Called Ron this guy
http://boston.craigs...3423615650.html

That was the only person I found, I hope there is another. He said he hasn't had a bush hog in about 2 years and he got it from mass.

If you could either post or PM me the contact info or any other info, that would be great! Thanks a ton!

#12 Oo-v-oO OFFLINE  

Oo-v-oO

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5162
  • 340 Thanks
  • 448 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:16 PM

Maybe a year or so ago that Ron guy bought out a HUGE lot of lawn and garden tractors from some sort of an estate sale.

There was a lot of discussion over at MTF about it. Their search is hosed right now so I don't know if it could be found or not.

#13 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:31 PM

Would you remember what section it was in? I'll start digging now for it. Thanks for the tip.

#14 Oo-v-oO OFFLINE  

Oo-v-oO

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5162
  • 340 Thanks
  • 448 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 02:06 PM

I don't, sorry. I tried using Google to search the site and came up empty-handed, other than threads referring to it.

The guy in Whitman ended up with the stuff but I don't remember where it came from. It was a whole property covered with tractors that someone had been collecting. Most of the stuff was in poor condition from sitting outside as I recall. The seller wasn't willing to let things go in small lots, it was all or nothing and due to the quantity few could handle the job. I believe the owner passed away and the estate was being forced by the town to clean the property up.

Wish I could remember more key words that would have been unique to the thread. I put a request in over there to see what is up with the search function. it's been over a month that it has been not working correctly, I think.

#15 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 02:27 PM

Thanks for the help. I'm on google now searching over and over. If there are threads out there, I hope to find them. He said he hasn't owned one in 2 years though & it came from middleboro. Maybe that's where he got them all from?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted