By the way, I know the pedal attachment should be painted red, but I just really don't like the way they look done in red. I am also positive the only reason they were red, is that the blower as painted all red and they just shot it the same color. I may of done the belt shield in gray if I had it when I painted the gray stuff, but I really kind of like it painted up red.
Here is a photo of the sleeves, and a custom sleeve I turned for where the cables mount to the blower housing. On my older style chute, there was just a 1/4"-20 nut welded to the chute. Because you can't let the bolt go past the chute or it binds it up, there was very little to hold the cables securely. I am also running a larger plastic coated cable, so this was made so the bolt would lock tight against the nut, and not have to "squeeze" the cables. This also allows the cables a little movement.
Here's a photo of the blower chute parts that were painted up too. These are from my "good blower" that were already sandblasted and in primer. Because the top deflector was missing from the blower I bought from Alex, I decided it was better to just paint these up so I have nice smooth paint.
Tomorrow I will try to get the chute all in place and upload a photo... Getting closer now!
Edited by FirefyterEmt, November 22, 2012 - 05:43 PM.