Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Hey All! Been Mia For A While, But I Brought Photos!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 427 Thanks
  • 850 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 05:38 PM

Some more photos to share... Last week the belt shield came in and I was able to paint it along with the snow blower chute and a few other parts. The shield did not come with hardware, and the longest bolt I could find was too short. I ended up using threaded rod instead. The problem with the threaded rod is that the top of the belt has to rub against it and would trash the belt in a short time. What I did was to go all out and made some sleeves on my lathe. I had to make the back one a little shorter because of the "deluxe muffler" bolts on to one of the holes and has a thicker bracket. After the sleeves were turned and bored, I cut the threaded rod to length and attached the shield with some nice stainless washers and acorn nuts.

By the way, I know the pedal attachment should be painted red, but I just really don't like the way they look done in red. I am also positive the only reason they were red, is that the blower as painted all red and they just shot it the same color. I may of done the belt shield in gray if I had it when I painted the gray stuff, but I really kind of like it painted up red.

IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

Here is a photo of the sleeves, and a custom sleeve I turned for where the cables mount to the blower housing. On my older style chute, there was just a 1/4"-20 nut welded to the chute. Because you can't let the bolt go past the chute or it binds it up, there was very little to hold the cables securely. I am also running a larger plastic coated cable, so this was made so the bolt would lock tight against the nut, and not have to "squeeze" the cables. This also allows the cables a little movement.

IMG_0382.JPG

Here's a photo of the blower chute parts that were painted up too. These are from my "good blower" that were already sandblasted and in primer. Because the top deflector was missing from the blower I bought from Alex, I decided it was better to just paint these up so I have nice smooth paint.

IMG_0383.JPG

Tomorrow I will try to get the chute all in place and upload a photo... Getting closer now!

Edited by FirefyterEmt, November 22, 2012 - 05:43 PM.

• MH81, KennyP and MFDAC have said thanks

#17 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 38,514 Thanks
  • 30,618 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 06:10 PM

Good to have you back, and to see you're still active with your Massey ride! Your new (old) home is beautiful!
Thanks for all those pics....you are now forgiven for being awol! :smilewink:
  • FirefyterEmt said thank you

#18 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 503 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 11:59 AM

Nice looking new place you have there. Love the house. The paint job you're doing looks great too. Good to have you back around.

#19 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,389 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 03:34 AM

Looking good. I like the extension on the PTO pedal.
I hope you get some seat time on this winter.

#20 nova ss OFFLINE  

nova ss

• Member No: 1473
  • 8 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 10:14 PM

Great to see u back loved reading your posts the detail was amazing you do very nice work! I was MIA to but winter is soon here will be on now alot more.

#21 mac102004 OFFLINE  

mac102004

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1420
  • 286 Thanks
  • 365 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 10:19 PM

I always wondered what the pedal extention was for.... got one with a box of parts one time having never seen one on a tractor.

#22 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 427 Thanks
  • 850 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 02:22 PM

Mac... That extension has to be used for the blower, it's where the rod that engages the blower belt connects to. I still like it in gray much more though!

#23 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 427 Thanks
  • 850 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 06:40 PM

Here is a photo with the rod hooked up, and a few of the blower chute all set up and looking pretty along with a few other detail shots for you all.

IMG_0449.JPG

Complete and painted chute installed.
IMG_0450.JPG

Re-cabled winch set up with heavy duty cable and a new 45 degree grease fitting.
IMG_0452.JPG

Detail shot of the part I turned on the lathe to attach the cables.
IMG_0453.JPG

I re-used the original toothed washers and the rest is stainless steel hardware. The stainless fender washer was coated with a special white grease
IMG_0451.JPG
  • MH81 and MFDAC have said thanks

#24 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,389 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 07:27 PM

Nice work. Looks great. I thought the footrest extension, was of your design.

#25 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,035 Thanks
  • 1,457 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 09:11 PM

Wow!! That is coming along really nice. Now all you need is some snow. I just mounted the blower on my AMF 1010. Do you happen to know the length of the drive belt for the blower? Mine didn't come with one.

#26 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,872 Thanks
  • 1,460 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 10:24 PM

I have been just spotty at best posting here lately, but get to read some. The pics you post help me learn more about my MF12. My snow thrower is different, the brochure says MF620. I still won't be using it this winter but maybe next.

Later---DAC

#27 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 14,810 Thanks
  • 8,435 posts

Posted December 18, 2012 - 08:50 PM

Welcome back

#28 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 427 Thanks
  • 850 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 06:18 PM

Wow!! That is coming along really nice. Now all you need is some snow. I just mounted the blower on my AMF 1010. Do you happen to know the length of the drive belt for the blower? Mine didn't come with one.

Hey, I am very sorry I am just getting back to you now!  (Christmas..8 kids and a dog... you know!)  Anyway, I just went out and checked the belt info I smartly saved!  I picked up the belt at Tractor Supply, it's a 1/2" Kevlar V belt that is 64" long.  (pn: 44-61046)

Also, but reading the manual, you fine tune the adjustment for belt stretch with the lower mount arms.  You can rotate the tilt forward and backward to keep the correct tension.

• LTD said thank you

#29 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 427 Thanks
  • 850 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 06:36 PM

I have been just spotty at best posting here lately, but get to read some. The pics you post help me learn more about my MF12. My snow thrower is different, the brochure says MF620. I still won't be using it this winter but maybe next.

Later---DAC

I would put money on you having the new design MF-620 blower.  My style is the early style that ran the drive off the engine pulley itself.  The newer style was a full redesign and even had a much larger under carriage that ran the belt off the PTO jack shaft itself.  If I am correct that new mount system made it so much easier to remove the frame bracket and mount things like the mower deck back on.  I think the mounting system is far superior than the early style, but I like the look of the older style better.

If you need some photos, I have a bunch of photos of that style blower and how it mounts saved on my hard drive.

• MH81 and MFDAC have said thanks

#30 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,872 Thanks
  • 1,460 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 10:16 PM

I would put money on you having the new design MF-620 blower.  My style is the early style that ran the drive off the engine pulley itself.  The newer style was a full redesign and even had a much larger under carriage that ran the belt off the PTO jack shaft itself.  If I am correct that new mount system made it so much easier to remove the frame bracket and mount things like the mower deck back on.  I think the mounting system is far superior than the early style, but I like the look of the older style better.

If you need some photos, I have a bunch of photos of that style blower and how it mounts saved on my hard drive.

Here is a pic of the brochure and the thrower. It will require a thorough rebuild as it has been stored outside for many years. For now I push snow with a blade on my MF8E. Of course it all depends on if we ever get enough snow to justify starting a tractor! I will get ahold of you if pics are needed. I believe I have all the mounting hardware too.

Thanks---DAC  

Attached Thumbnails

• 1975 Massey Ferguson 007.jpg
  • 620 manual 002.jpg