Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

My Day......grrrrrrr, Toro....sears.....issues.....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 04:22 PM

Sooooo, my day started off early as I texted a buddy and said , "wake up we gotta go pick up manure." he replies, "who the hell does that, first thing in the mornin....oh yea, YOU do." the plan was to spend the day doing a few things around the yard, leaves, spread manure, move dozer blade to the barn, pressure wash the Sears ST12 so it's ready for tare down this winter..........like I said, that was the initial plan. The Sears wouldn't start for nuthin. Finally tinkered with it enough to get the trailer on the back and start pickin up leaves I blew into (4) huge piles around the yard. It kept shuttin down and wouldn't start.....not that I am that concerned because it is gettin completely torn down this winter and I know the carb is gunked anyway. Got leaves done, manure spread, and cleaned up the Toro snowblower I sold to my brother which is picking it up in the morning. Of course it wouldn't start. No spark. Pulled side pan off and magnetto & flywheel were rusted to crap. Cleaned them, reassembled....no start. Sprayed either in intake and fired right up....so, great no fuel. Pulled carb off, cleaned, put back on, fired right up and purrs like a kitten. So the Sears got pressure washed and put back in the barn....now I'm here with you fine folks enjoying a nice hot cup of coffee......oh yea here's a pic of the Toro.....
toro.jpg

#2 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 04:53 PM

Amazing what a clean carb will do eh? ;)

#3 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 05:06 PM

Yea you aint kiddin......bad carb plus no spark on top of it.......deff not one of "my" machines so-to-speak.....it was given to me and I don't need it so my brother offered to buy it. I haven't really had the time to go thru it and fig'd I should least make sure it runs before he takes it. Well he's good to go now......