#16 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 07:03 PM

I wouldn't even think about loading a Large Frame in a pickup truck.

Loading won't be a problem. Heres the pics of what I'm using on this trip. Only difference this time is I'm not towing with my F150.

We have loaded large frames in trucks for years we have a very carful way to do it.
How do you think we got the prototype 1886 home today. :D

Edited by wilberj, November 03, 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#17 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 07:17 PM

How do you think we got the prototype 1886 home today. :D

I completely missed seeing those pics :poke:

#18 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 07:21 AM

Well, I'm sitting Wall Mart parking lot in Burlington IA. That's about 2.5-3 hrs from where the HDT1000 is located and we will be picking it up later today.

OK...I'll bow to Doc's and wiberj's superior knowledge as to the 'rarity' of the Haban Flail-Mo, and the Brinly Planter, as those are the attachments that I picked up yesterday :D :D

While I was there the fella asked if I would be interested in a sprayer. Turns out it is the frame/front mounted one for the tube frames. I asked what he wanted for it, money changed hands, and it is now on the trailer along with the Flail-Mo.

I'll take a couple of pics of the sprayer and mower when we pick up the HDT1000

The planter is partially disassembled so we could put it in the 'basement storage' of the MH. It's in very good shape, and has almost no rust on it. It also came with a bunch of seed plates. I'll have to count them later. The only thing missing with the planter is the row marker, but that doesn't really effect usability. PO said he used it last spring to plant come corn and it did a good job

Flail-Mo has new bearings. PO said that he wanted to try it out so he refurbished it enough to do so, and he tried it out on come corn stalks and it did great. It appears to have been sanded/blasted and primed as it's a very dull red as opposed to the brighter red that you normally see on the Haban equipment.

The sprayer doesn't seem to be as complete. It does have a 'wand', but it appears to be a home brewed one and I'm thinking that all of the rubber tubing needs to be replaced, Also, if there was boom, that is missing as well. However, I guess one of those could be made easily enough. Lastly, it needs a lid for the tank.

The Flail-Mo and the sprayer should be quite useful at the Glider Port this next spring. I'm looking forward to using both of them down there.

Anyway, for a total of 525.00 for all three, I don't think I did too bad :D :D :D

wilber, did you get a chance to look at the Large Frame Flail-Mo that I told you about? If it hadn't been for this trip 'tapping out' my Tractor Fund, I would have jumped on that rascal like Rosie O'Donnell on a cheeseburger. Also congrats on picking up the Prototype. I had a good idea that you were the new owner since you dropped a hint in a PM.
  • MailmAn said thank you

#19 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 07:47 AM

Congrats to you on the flail mo and such! I'm feelin rarity is another one o' them words highly subjective to opinion. when ya want it bad, it's not readily available,super pricey when they do appear, Don't know of 10 people who own one or have even seen one up close or recently...It's rare to me. Keep on Doin' what ya Do O.B !!! Add it to your collection and be Proud.

#20 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,508 Thanks
  • 39,733 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 08:08 AM

Nice presents you picked up on your birthday yesterday.

#21 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 08:17 AM

Nice presents you picked up on your birthday yesterday.

That's what the wife said...plus happy Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Ground Hog day, and anything else she can think of. :D :D :D

OH, forgot to add. Weather has been 'predictible'...at least for one of my road trips. While we were in the garage taking theplanter apart, we heard a couple of pretty good claps of thunder, then it started to rain a bit and had about a minute or two of pea sized HAIL. So...on this trip I've had rain, sleet, snow and hail. I think I've pretty well covered it all.
  • KennyP said thank you

#22 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 09:32 AM

Well, I'm sitting Wall Mart parking lot in Burlington IA. That's about 2.5-3 hrs from where the HDT1000 is located and we will be picking it up later today.

OK...I'll bow to Doc's and wiberj's superior knowledge as to the 'rarity' of the Haban Flail-Mo, and the Brinly Planter, as those are the attachments that I picked up yesterday :D :D

While I was there the fella asked if I would be interested in a sprayer. Turns out it is the frame/front mounted one for the tube frames. I asked what he wanted for it, money changed hands, and it is now on the trailer along with the Flail-Mo.

I'll take a couple of pics of the sprayer and mower when we pick up the HDT1000

The planter is partially disassembled so we could put it in the 'basement storage' of the MH. It's in very good shape, and has almost no rust on it. It also came with a bunch of seed plates. I'll have to count them later. The only thing missing with the planter is the row marker, but that doesn't really effect usability. PO said he used it last spring to plant come corn and it did a good job

Flail-Mo has new bearings. PO said that he wanted to try it out so he refurbished it enough to do so, and he tried it out on come corn stalks and it did great. It appears to have been sanded/blasted and primed as it's a very dull red as opposed to the brighter red that you normally see on the Haban equipment.

The sprayer doesn't seem to be as complete. It does have a 'wand', but it appears to be a home brewed one and I'm thinking that all of the rubber tubing needs to be replaced, Also, if there was boom, that is missing as well. However, I guess one of those could be made easily enough. Lastly, it needs a lid for the tank.

The Flail-Mo and the sprayer should be quite useful at the Glider Port this next spring. I'm looking forward to using both of them down there.

Anyway, for a total of 525.00 for all three, I don't think I did too bad :D :D :D

wilber, did you get a chance to look at the Large Frame Flail-Mo that I told you about? If it hadn't been for this trip 'tapping out' my Tractor Fund, I would have jumped on that rascal like Rosie O'Donnell on a cheeseburger. Also congrats on picking up the Prototype. I had a good idea that you were the new owner since you dropped a hint in a PM.

LOL you would never get this far up here I have roads bloked off just because I know whats still may be around here.
I go look at it in 2 1/2 hours.

#23 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 09:46 AM

LOL you would never get this far up here I have roads bloked off just because I know whats still may be around here.
I go look at it in 2 1/2 hours.

:rolling:

#24 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 09:33 PM

East bound an down, loaded up and truckin.
We bought a Bolens Diesel, and it runs.

We got a long way to go, but lots of time to get there.
We're East bound now watch OldBuzzard run! :D :D :D

Got the HDT1000, and the KTM loaded earlier today, and we are on the way back home. We;ve decided to go through Cincinnati. I'm still registered to vote in Cincy, so this will let me vote there with out having to cst a 'provisional ballot up north. That's something of a PITA, and we have see the boys for a good while anyway.

Travis, the young man I bought it from and one of his young buddies did all of the "barge totin, and bale liftin" when it came to rearrainging all the stuff on the trailer. That rascal is packed!

I'll be starting a new thread on the HDT1000 with a couple of pics of the loaded trailer and a short vid taken of it being loaded on the trailer.

Edited by OldBuzzard, November 04, 2012 - 09:37 PM.

#25 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,753 Thanks
  • 8,922 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 09:36 PM

Looking forward to it, and congratulations!

#26 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 09:47 PM

Good to see you are on the way home.

Only Large Frame Flail-Mo I know of is home to.......

#27 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 09:52 PM

Good travels to ya Old Buzzard. Glad the winds are stacked in your favor. :thumbs:

Edited by marlboro180, November 04, 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#28 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 09:54 PM

Good to see you are on the way home.

Only Large Frame Flail-Mo I know of is home to.......

So, you bought it? Hope so, it needs a good home.