• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 37,244 Thanks
  • 30,217 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 06:07 PM

When I have a migraine, working through it is my best medicine, only I can't bend over very far for anything! My head will explode if I do. I'm usually pretty quiet when I have one too. It's some better now & will likely be gone in the morning.

#32 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,837 Thanks
  • 1,434 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 07:06 PM

When I have a migraine, working through it is my best medicine, only I can't bend over very far for anything! My head will explode if I do. I'm usually pretty quiet when I have one too. It's some better now & will likely be gone in the morning.

Sure glad it is getting better for you already, those things are miserable..
  • olcowhand said thank you

#33 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,960 Thanks
  • 8,658 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 07:12 PM

You do better then I do with a headache Daniel. I would not have been able to deal with all the hammering and bending. The Tank mount looks really good. :thumbs:

#34 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:24 PM

I have the same "weird" visual stuff before I get the actual headache. It usually gets one eye more than the other. I have had strange patterns and colors that block part of my vision field. I also would rather work through the pain when I get them. I am generally quiet too, but it's because they seem to effect my ability to convey coherent thought through speech. The thinking is good, just can't make the words come together to tell others what I'm thinking.
The bends look awesome for a hammer and vise! I'm looking for a press brake (or the stuff to make one with), but currently I use the same method as you.

#35 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,472 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 12:11 AM

Very nice work Daniel, glad you got some therapy!! Hope you are better in the morning.

#36 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 37,244 Thanks
  • 30,217 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 10:32 AM

Got the rear half of the frame in an E-bath. Been in since afternoon yesterday. Pulled it out a while ago & gonna leave it till tomorrow. Scraped all the loose off the frame, scraped the anodes, & back into the bath another 24hrs. Then she'll get that half brushed clean & a light coat of primer, then the other half E-tanked.

DSC00608.JPG DSC00609.JPG
  • Texas Deere and Horse, RoosterLew and twostep have said thanks

#37 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 37,244 Thanks
  • 30,217 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 09:53 PM

I bought a blown HH60 off ebay tonight to get all the little parts I need to complete the HH6 engine that Steve brought me, along with the carbs Bill sent, and the flywheel Alan sent. I needed a carb adapter plate, governor control arm, engine shroud for electric starter, and a charge stator. Since buying this parts engine, I won't be using the tank mount I built, but may use it on something else. This engine was missing it's starter, but I already have one, so no issue there.

HH60.JPG

At this point, even with the parts donations, I have about $225 invested counting fuel to go pick the tractor up. I figure I'll keep up with my expenses here so I will document costs as I go.

#38 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 05:23 PM

I'm glad to see that the project is coming along! I usually try not to keep track of my expenses on a project...That way I won't know when I've crossed the line and spent more than it will ever be worth LOL. It sounds like you're doing very good on your budget though!
  • olcowhand said thank you

#39 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 37,244 Thanks
  • 30,217 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 05:37 PM

Pulled the frame from the E-tank, and got most of the crud wire brushed off. Someone went nuts with a drill & grinder, so I welded up about 9 holes, then made a template so I can cut & weld on a piece to the front end plate where it was ground back. Once I get everything repaired on this frame, I will hit it lightly with my pot blaster, then fill the pitting with body filler, and follow with prime coat.
I also pulled the flywheel from the HH60 engine Steve brought for me, and found the flywheel Alan sent will not fit the crank. The electric start flywheel requires a much larger tapered crank than the pull start only flywheel. Have to see if it's the same with the engine coming from ebay. If so, I hope the crank in the ebay engine is good to use after cleaning it up. If it's a no-go, I'll likely just go with pull rope only, but use the electric start cover with a starter bolted on just to look OE.

#40 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 12:23 PM

Oh no! Is it possible to transfer just the ring gear from one flywheel to the other?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

#41 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,472 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 12:47 PM

I also pulled the flywheel from the HH60 engine Steve brought for me, and found the flywheel Alan sent will not fit the crank. The electric start flywheel requires a much larger tapered crank than the pull start only flywheel. Have to see if it's the same with the engine coming from ebay. If so, I hope the crank in the ebay engine is good to use after cleaning it up. If it's a no-go, I'll likely just go with pull rope only, but use the electric start cover with a starter bolted on just to look OE.

Can you use the other crank, or is it bad?

#42 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 37,244 Thanks
  • 30,217 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 01:05 PM

Can you use the other crank, or is it bad?

It has a tossed rod, but just have to wait & see on the crank. It'll all come out good in the end anyway it goes! :thumbs:
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#43 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,383 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 01:05 PM

Just got caught up on your resto here. You're moving right along. I can't see it taking a year.
I bet you'll be out in the mud by spring. :thumbs:

#44 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 37,244 Thanks
  • 30,217 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 06:29 PM

After working all day with steel on the silage mixer wagon, I just had to get something done on this V4-6 too. You can see in the following pic how someone had carved off the one side of the front chassis plate. I made a carboard pattern, then plasma cut a piece to match the other side, once welded on.
A light coat of body filler will hide the scratches & dings.

DSC00617.JPG DSC00618.JPG DSC00619.JPG

#45 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,370 Thanks
  • 3,323 posts

Posted November 13, 2012 - 06:36 PM

Nice work!