• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 04:32 AM

Lay charges. Even if it's only harassment (should be assault) it starts to build a paper trail. Kids like that don't stop being like that. The more paper there is, the earlier this guy will suffer some real consequences. That's unlikely to be before he's 18, but juvenile records are sealed to the public not necessarily the courts, so when he's 18 they'll still take his past into consideration.

#17 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 04:44 AM

I'm very sorry to hear what happened to your daughter.

#18 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 06:33 AM

We are also having issues with harassment and verbal assault on one of our 10 year old 6th grade granddaughters but in this case it is a 12 year old 8th grade, big for her age, girl. My daughter has taken it as far as she can with the principle and is going to the next school board meeting so hopefully they can get it sorted out.

Perhaps a meeting with the school board and a hint or two about taking legal action against the school for failing to act on your daughter's verbal assault would help.

#19 Enginerod OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1748
  • 203 Thanks
  • 266 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 06:38 AM

A.C.T. Steve, funny you should mention driving your kids to school because I have driven my kids to school for the last three years because of a kid bullying and spitting on my older daughter on the bus, turns out its the same kid. I found out last night that my wife went door to door in this kids neighborhood asking if anyone knew him and she ran into one of my younger daughters friends who showed her where this kid lives. She went to the door and confronted him and his parents to make it known to them how devastated my daughter was, they told her he is suspended for five days and he will be taken out of all her classes. This kid had the gall to tell my wife that my daughter was bullying him! She told them you are lucky I decided not to tell my husband I was coming here because as angry as he is you would have a problem and she didnt want me going to jail. I was a little upset that she didnt tell me where she was going but she probably made the right call, she knows I'm just as likely to grab someone by the neck as talk to him in that situation.Thanks for your support guys, its really appreciated. Bill.

#20 MH81 OFFLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,698 Thanks
  • 28,342 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 07:12 AM

My daughter and her friends had a run in with a couple of girls during 6th grade. The principal was in contact with every involved student's parent, the offending children punished at school & also (supposedly) at home. Although the principal was a frail looking older lady, she was a no nonsense person when stuff like this happened. Probably pushed the envelope PC wise, but always for the good of the children. She had backbone. She has since retired. I'm have heard the new principal is the best our "Progressive" educational system has to offer. God help us all.

#21 Guest_rat88_*

• Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 01, 2012 - 07:28 AM

If you are going to get the cops involved, the first step is filing a police report. The size of the window for this is usually measured in hours. If you wait until friday, it could be too late.

#22 sacsr OFFLINE  

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,253 Thanks
  • 3,279 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 07:33 AM

Sorry to hear about your daughters incident. LIke many of you, my kids knew where they stood about treating other people and being treated by other people. I have zero tolerance when it comes to bad behavior of any type. I was raised where bad behavior was first punished by the law or school, then by my parents. They were not mean just firm in their belief of behaving oneself and treating people like the bible says "do unto others, as you would have them do unto you". I did not want to get in trouble cause I knew my dad was going to a whole lot madder than the law or school. My kids were raised the same way. They knew we loved them, but we expected them to behave and if they did not there were severe consequences. My kids were not perfect. We had an issue in the neighborhood with two groups of kids picking on each other and calling names. I took my girls down to the house and they apologized to the girl.....they never had an issue again...they knew where I stood on this. Most of the time the parents are part of the problem. Good parents can end up with bad behaving kids, but usually lack of discipline and expectation of ones behavior contribute to the problem. I have 3 girls so I can feel your pain. I had a guy steal my daughters pocketbook and take a ipod and cell phone out of it before throwing it in the trash. He actually called my wife and said some things that were not appropriate. I did not block the cell since I figured the idiot would call friends.....he did better.....he called friends and family. I found out who he was and contacted the police assigned to our school. Ended up he was from Ny and living down here with his grand parents. Like you, I wanted to meet him face to face but they would not allow it. He ended up paying for a new ipod and we got the phone back. He wrote a letter ( I am sure because he was required to by the officer at that school). Time heals wounds, but we never forget these things. Just a shame that kids have to go through stuff like this.

I will say I was vigilant on contacting the police, etc....I think if I had not been contacting them, etc the incident with the purse may not have ever been solved and punishment served.

Edited by sacsr, November 01, 2012 - 07:38 AM.

#23 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,138 Thanks
  • 2,270 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 07:40 AM

Sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately it happens all too much these days. Well, I guess it always did, just the way it's handled these days kind of makes it easier to get away with. When I was in school, if you did something and got in trouble, it was already known at home before you got there. The only question asked when you got home was "what did you do" followed by not very pleasant things. Now, if your parents even hear about it, they are all over the school saying that little Johnny couldn't possibly do something like that. All little Johnny has to say is "they came at me", then it becomes his word against your kid's word. Something the schools seem to refuse to deal with. My youngest had a friend a few years ago who came from a good family but never administered any sort of discipline. Her friend was into kicking people. My daughter came home many times with bruises on her legs from this. My wife called her parents who proceeded to try and turn the situation around to make it my daughter's fault. They couldn't come up with anything to pin on her other than "well she liked the same boy that your daughter liked and he liked your daughter" and I guess that made everything ok in their eyes because they teach their kids to "express themselves". She felt my daughter was pushing that in her daughter's face because my kid smiled at her one day. Well, DUH, she smiled at her because they are (were) friends at the time. Heck, my kid is a happy kid and she smiles at everyone. Girls are tough because they bring so much drama into any situation. Boys just beat the stuffin out of each other (or at least they used to) and call it a day. Sorry, I guess I vented too. It just makes me sick as to what society has become. So much aggression comes from nobody being allowed to be aggressive.
  • sacsr said thank you

#24 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 08:21 AM

When one of my daughters was 15, a boy would pick on her on the bus ride from school. One day she got off the bus and he spit in the back of her head. She came home crying and my wife (the pit bull) called the school and would not let go (like a pit bull) untill she got results. The result was, she got a meeting with the school and the boys father. He said he would talk to the boy, he said he would do this and would do that but remember the pit bull? (my wife) She didn;t let go till she was satisfied. She got it in writing that this man would drive his kid to school and he would not so much as look toward my daughter again as long as they were in school. 2 or 3 more years.

#25 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 08:49 AM

This guy will get his in time from the other guys at the school. Bullies almost always get their clocks cleaned by another guy who can't stand their ahole behavior.

#26 LilysDad OFFLINE  

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,242 Thanks
  • 7,473 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 08:55 AM

Maybe you could talk to a few seniors on the football or wrestling team to maybe rough him up a bit and give him a little schooling about how you treat a girl

Maybe the local ball team would appreciate a pizza party.

#27 Team_Green OFFLINE  

• Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 09:28 AM

This guy will get his in time from the other guys at the school. Bullies almost always get their clocks cleaned by another guy who can't stand their ahole behavior.

The bully isin't always the biggest kid.. Usually one with a chip on his shoulder. Hopefully someone knocks the chip off and wakes that kid up. Wait till he goes off in real life at 18.. He WILL get his arse handed to him.

#28 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,495 Thanks
  • 7,629 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 09:50 AM

Kids these days have no respect for anything. A few years back I was sitting in my living room and I heard a woman yelling ( at the time I lived in town I hated it). I looked out my window to see a kid beating on this woman in the middle of the road. I went up and pulled him off and he told me that there was nothing I could do to him. I picked him up by his collar and held him against a fence and told him I would stomp his butt into the sidewalk then we would talk about not doing anything. He quietly sat on the curb till the police that my wife called when I left the house had arrived. What really pissed me off was that there was an adult male sitting on his porch 20 feet away not doing a thing about it.

At the same house I was working on my truck and some punk kids behind us kept throwing walnuts at my truck. I finally picked a hand full of them up and hurled them back through the bushes and heard a very satisfying thunk and a yell. No more walnuts came inbound.

Sorry about your daughter. Push it with the police and get him on record. enough charges against him will get the cops attention.

#29 Enginerod OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1748
  • 203 Thanks
  • 266 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 07:26 PM

It's amazing how many similar stories to mine there are even just on this forum. My intention is to go to this kids house this weekend and attempt to have a talk with him and his parents. Waiting a couple of days to cool down was probably the right thing to do, makes for a clearer head I guess. Thanks again for your advice, support and just lending an ear. By the way, I have looked into it and we have done everything that can be done legally so if he does anything else to my daughter the punishment will be much more severe next time. Thanks, Bill.
  • marlboro180 said thank you

#30 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,689 Thanks
  • 2,911 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 07:49 PM

You know thats not a bad idea, charge him with assault,

Ditto. It's all about lawyers and cops now. Press assault charges, even if he is a minor. Something might come of it, though probably not with our namby-pamby court system. With some luck, being charged and having to go to court might be enough to straighten him out.