• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Enginerod ONLINE  

Enginerod

• Member No: 1748
  • 205 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:29 PM

It being halloween and all, my kids wore their costumes to school, younger daughter is 12 and was a cat, older daughter made her costume over the last few months, yes I said months.Her and a couple friends were going to be characters from a game called team fortress, she is a very talented artist and sculpted a mask and put together a costume she was very proud of and rightly so, by the way she is 15. I got a call at work today from my wife saying that a boy beat up our oldest daughter and ruined her costume and she was on the way to school to pick her up and meet with the principal, I had a torch in my hand at the time, I handed it to a co-worker and told him I had to go. I can't remember the last time I was that angry, I raced to the school and demanded a face to face with this "boy" and his parents, I was told they can't do that, I wanted to get my hands on this kid! My daughter was devastated by this, she is a very gentle person who would never hurt anyone. Come to find out this is the same kid who spit on her on the bus a couple years ago, a real piece of trash, I was told he is about 6ft tall and over 200lbs, my daughter is 110 lbs. What is wrong with kids these days? What happened to you don't hit girls? This kid needs the fear of god put into him but I can't touch him because he's a minor. I just want to scare him a lot, make him cry, I'm not that much bigger than him, he needs to be made to feel helpless like my baby felt. There, I've vented, starting to feel better now, thanks for listening.

#2 Jehtro OFFLINE  

Jehtro

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3300
  • 109 Thanks
  • 276 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:42 PM

Ya i hear ya on that, but the problem is that the parents are not going to displine him. Probably not even together,

when i was a kid, you get it from what ever adult found you at the time, then they'd call the old man and i'd get it again when he got home.

On a side note i was at a small town parade a few years back, had my 3 year twins with me, my wife and the mother in-law. Anyway there was this group of kids , I'm guessing around 17? they were yelling at the floats, carrying on, just being total idiots. Everyone around was just anonyed. The ring leader of the group tossed a snowball at this one float, it bounced off and almost hit this other little girl in the parade in the head.

I guess i snapped, i started walking toward that moron, handed my daughter to my mother in-law. i had it out with him at the top of my lungs, told him to leave or i would make sure that he took his next meal through a straw. All his idiot follows just backed off,

They group left and the crowd started clapping, it was funny, but i just couldn't get over the behavior.

So we'veall been there, not sure wheree things are headed.

#3 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:44 PM

Some people just need to be removed from the gene pool!

Sorry it happened to your daughter. Go talk to the cops, I am shure they would rather get to this kid now rather than later.

#4 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:46 PM

If it helps, I'm 6'-3" and weigh in around 273lbs. Played football for eight years, and throw these garden tractors around like they were pedal tractors. If you need me, give me a call. New York isn't that far. Maybe we could learn his rutine, and scare the skin off of him!

I have a 10 year old daughter, and if something like this would have happened to her, trust me, I'd be fit to be tied. I'd be wanting to take out anybody that got in my way. Sorry he's a minor, but if he doesn't learn a lesson now, just think what he'll be like when he turns 20. I'm getting half made just thinking about it. Some kids these days, just don't have any respect, or consideration as to how they treat others. They know the teachers can't touch them, and over half of them know the parents won't rule or disapline them. Times might have changed since I was a kid growing up, but as for my house, we will still live by the old school rules.

Sorry to hear about your daughter, and I wish you the best!

#5 Jehtro OFFLINE  

Jehtro

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3300
  • 109 Thanks
  • 276 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:50 PM

Some people just need to be removed from the gene pool!

Sorry it happened to your daughter. Go talk to the cops, I am shure they would rather get to this kid now rather than later.

You know thats not a bad idea, charge him with assault,

#6 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:59 PM

Just wow. Kids these days its sad to see how things have gotten this bad. I graduated school in 2010 and we did have some idiots in our school "there about 75 of us in the graduating class" and not once did we have anyone beat on a girl. I mean i heard about it from other schools but my goodness! Im very sorry to hear about it and I know your probably counting the days til he turns of age! And I agree with everyone here that the kids parents wont do anything because their scum and always will be scum. Hope all goes well and keep us posted if something changes and god bless! Prayers will be said
  • Michiganmobileman said thank you

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 10:00 PM

You know thats not a bad idea, charge him with assault,

And if he's close enough to 18, push to have him charged as an adult. What he did was cruel, vindictive, outside of human decency and I think a stern Judge with a sense of decency could be enticed to turn him over to one of those boot camps that "teach" some respect to jerks like this.

Please tell your daughter that we are very sorry.

#8 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 10:03 PM

Do it. Go after the SOB. He deserves whatever comes his way. Just don't get yourself jailed.
As you know, you have no rights, he has them all.
Good luck.

#9 Enginerod ONLINE  

Enginerod

• Member No: 1748
  • 205 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 10:04 PM

We did file a report but he is 15, we were told that because my daughter didnt require an ER visit that its only considered harassment and not chargeable. JDelfman, thanks for the offer but it would be too much fun taking care of him myself, I'm 6ft, 251lbs and a heavy truck mechanic, I have no problem moving around big stuff, my wifes nickname for me is OGG because I'm like a caveman she says. LOL.
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#10 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 10:09 PM

Ohh, here that would be a much different story, our liason officer woulda been at his home tonight... pressing for him to make a move.

Harassment is chargable, but good of you to keep out of it per se, she needs ya....

#11 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 10:19 PM

You may have some law there that is allowing him to get away with it, or maybe you were dealing with an overworked and very tired officer... BUT I would bet that there are several civil actions that you could take him (re his parents) to task with. Maybe if the little b*astard starts costing them money, they will start taking an interest in keeping his nose clean and his backside tanned.

#12 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 10:38 PM

First off i hope your daughter will be or is already fine. Distruction of private property? There has to be a fine in there somewhere..

Cough cough you didn't cough cough hear this from me.. Cough cough.. red lock tight in the door locks.. cough cough.. mono expanding foam in the exhaust pipe..

#13 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 12:05 AM

That is frustrating. I have 2 daughters, 15 and 10, so I can relate to your problem. We have had lots of trouble on the bus from boys picking on the girls. It was getting so bad I now drive them to school. This boy is also our neighbor and have caught him in our woods. I would like to remove this stain but not much I can do.

#14 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,647 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 01:19 AM

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Kids nowadays just don't have respect for others, but don't get me wrong there are some really good ones also. Maybe you could talk to a few seniors on the football or wrestling team to maybe rough him up a bit and give him a little schooling about how you treat a girl. As long as they don't send him to the ER (harassment isn't chargeable right?) Did the principal atleast give him some detention/ ISS time?

#15 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 04:08 AM

As far as the cops....when seconds count cops are minutes away. I teach my kids that alota rules will be broken in life just to encourage having a good time however one that I will never slide on is laying a finger on a girl....This will NEVER be tolerated. I have alota friends that have younger brothers that feel the same way with zero tolerance. They are also around the 15-17 yr old age so there is still upbringing thats being done right. Good thing about them being that age and feeling that way is that we also live in WNY and they are minors to...........scale can be balanced...