• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Cvans OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,312 Thanks
  • 4,909 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:50 AM

You ought to try carrying a burning dryer out of a house some time. The neighbors dryer caught fire and her son and I carried it out in a record short time. We were only about 12 years old at the time but we got it done. Thankfully it was just inside the back door. The Lady was totally undone by the experience and I hope her husband would clean it after that.

#17 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:58 AM

Thanks for the remider to do the filters and the blower Michiganmobileman. That sure was a fuzzy motor- thanks for the laugh.

I'm glad I now have a boiler so I don't have worry too much , formerly mainly just birds making houses in the air intake or exhaust pipes. Hardware cloth screens solved that...Our A/C return air filter gets done twice a year.

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 10:30 AM

I clean both on a regular basis. My furnace isn't set up for filters. It uses a wire mess. I dont like it nor do I trust it. A return line is on the list as well.

Sent from my HTC One X

Mine too is like that. But the previous owner of the home improvised a filter system and have not changed it. It works fine even if it looks a bit crude.
It's back in a corner of the laundry room out of site so cosmetics are not an issue. He took some of the D shaped kitchen cabinet handles and cut them in half. Ran a screw in from the back side of the doors/covers and filters can be put on the outside of the cabinets. Just hold them up to the outside of the cover over the vent fins and turn the handles to hold them.
I changed them Saturday after I pulled the burner to clean and install a new thermal coupler.

That Wire mesh cage is supose to have a cut to fit washable filter on it.

Edited by JD DANNELS, October 31, 2012 - 10:34 AM.