17 replies to this topic

#1 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

BairleaFarm

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8328
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 01:11 PM

The bracket on the left came with the charger. The bracket on the right came with the raider as did the plow. The brackets are not interchangeable and the charger bracket doesn't fit the plow. An I missing something or will one of these parts have to be modified to make this blade fit the charger?

Sent from my HTC One X

Attached Thumbnails

• uploadfromtaptalk1351620702356.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1351620710212.jpg

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,532 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 01:36 PM

The one on the left looks just like my Raider 9's tiller mount. The right one I don't recognize. I think mine was called a tach-matic hitch. Do not modify either of them. They are too hard to come by. Five pieces of angle iron can make a new hitch and be sized to what you need. It only took me an hour and a half to make one to mount an older plow to my Raider 9. It works(for 30 years) but looks a little ugly. I believe that the correct plow for the Raider has parallel frame rails for the back foot. I have the original Raider 9 manual somewhere and will look for it tonight. Good Luck
  • BairleaFarm said thank you

#3 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

BairleaFarm

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 01:45 PM

I don't want to modify anything. I don't have the tools to make one, don't have the money to buy one, I'm falling apart lol

I could possibly make spacers for the one on the right and make it work but I would prefer to have one that fits correctly.

Sent from my HTC One X

#4 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 02:48 PM

The beauty of the wheel horse tach-a-matic system, is that you can get attachments from lots of
Tractors from lots of different years, and they will fit yours.
That being said, they did make changes from time to time. The dozer or snow blade was one
Of them. They made the end that attaches to the rear axel wider at one point.
But, if the hitch and plow worked on your raider 10, the same hitch and plow should
Work on your charger. They made short frame and long frame plows and they made an adaptor
To make the short frame plow work on a long frame tractor.
They also made 1" rear axels and 1-1/8" rear axels. But I believe the housing was the
Same outside dimensions.
You may also have to change your lift link as well. I know of no way to put down pressure on a manual
Lift machine.
I can provide more info if you need more help.
Congrats on your wheelhorse purchase! They are very good machines (I have four)

Joe

#5 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

BairleaFarm

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 04:27 PM

The bottom they hydro vs the bottom of the 8 speed make the brackets not interchangeable. The bracket from the raider doesnt clear the hydro filter on the charger..

#6 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

BairleaFarm

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 07:39 AM

I might be trying to install the bracket on the right the wrong way. Do the notches that good the plow point down? I've been trying to install it where the notches are pointing forward.

Sent from my HTC One X

#7 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,648 Thanks
  • 6,464 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 08:15 AM

Don't get your R and L pix in first post?? Right pix is the plow end, no bracket. Need bracket like in left pix to mount to axle and the right pix's bar slips into it. Some brackets go on back of axle and some go on front. Some have cut-outs that face front or rear, others have from bottom. My GT14 has kind from bottom, but had to mount it to front of axle becuase of 3pt hitch. It DID replace those straps holding on the 3pt and then also you don't use the straps for hitch mount as you have with bolts. I have both hitches on axle now, but just bolted to each other with same bolts over and under the axle. You will probly be putting hitch on back of axle and the plow bar will be going out back and then movint forward into those slots. Then those small lever LOCKS hold it in place when pulled down. They will usually kind of "click" into place. Manual says to tighten the bolt after in position to lock them. Also some had extra holes in them for a lock pin or bolt and those coule be left looser on the pivot bolt. Also between a manual axle and an Automatic you may find two L-shaped spacers that mount to just one of the bolts going back to strap and act as spacer because one of the tractors axle's is slightly smaller than the other. I had to take them off my Charger's mount and it was on a standard trans when I got it. Mine is auto. I can't recall where the slot is on mine, would have to go look. Thinking it was on bottom too on that, but would have to check. There is a good manual including pictures available on the forum that has best information I have found on mounting. Pix are pretty nice too. Do a search here for snow blade manuals. The one offer has info for several models and isn't as easy to understand as the other with pix. Think pix one says for 85' or something close, but still is same blade.Man, I wrote a book in this reply! :smilewink:

#8 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 08:51 AM

Slots for the plow rod go down towards the ground under the axel.
Thumb levers are accessible from the rear of tractor.

Joe

#9 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

BairleaFarm

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 08:53 AM

Right and left in the picture with the brackets. Not right and left pic.

So the slots do point down...in definitely think I've been trying to install this bracket wrong. Come on Friday time to get the plow on.

Sent from my HTC One X

#10 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 09:07 AM

If you want down preassure all you do is replace the lift chain with a lift bar. Also you need to use the right hole in the in the rock shaft and not use the deck lift bar (just tie it up out of the way) You can lift the front tires off the ground if you pull hard enough!
Duane
  • Rock farmer said thank you

#11 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• Member No: 2392
  • 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 11:26 AM

I went back and looked at your other post and I think I see the problem. The dozer blade your trying yo install in the newer style bracket will not work, no way no how! This is similiar to your blade frame.

Posted Image

This is a new style blade frame, notice the first is a "V" shape

Posted Image

You have 2 different brackets this one fits the "V" frame

Posted Image

It slides over the outside of the frame rails like so

Posted Image

Posted Image

The other bracket nests inside the frame of the newer style frame like this

Posted Image

You will need to mount the the older style bracket to the front of your axle so the frame will fit it like in the picture.
  • Rock farmer said thank you

#12 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 11:48 PM

Dang make me feel foolish I didn't even pickup he had the straight V blade. You can see the wear on the outside where it mounts too

#13 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• Member No: 2392
  • 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 08:35 AM

I had to go back and look at it again Duane! A full frame shot would have left no question.

#14 BairleaFarm OFFLINE  

BairleaFarm

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,201 Thanks
  • 1,725 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 09:08 PM

Thanks for the help. I did orienting the bracket wrong. After your Sikhs descriptions I got it on. I painted that lift rod while so you could see it. It looks like it's made to fit this.

Sent from my HTC One X

Attached Thumbnails

• uploadfromtaptalk1351822121784.jpg

#15 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted November 01, 2012 - 09:23 PM

Good for you!
Now all you need some snow!
Or maybe there is a pile of dirt some where that isn't quite right?
Joe