Going to postpone my road trip for a couple of days, and wait until Friday to head out to Iowa to pick up the HDT1000.
Since I'm taking the motor home, I'm waiting for a bit better weather.
This is the 'current forecast here:
Details for Tuesday, October 30
Very windy with periods of rain. High 48F. Winds NNW at 35 to 50 mph. Additional rainfall possibly over one inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.
Evening: Windy at times with rain. Low 42F. NNW winds at 25 to 40 mph, diminishing to 15 to 25 mph. Rainfall near a half an inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Since I'll be traveling West, those will be crosswinds, and with a 32', slab sided motor home, that will make for a higher 'pucker factor' than I'm willing to put up with.
My route has changed as well. Since #1 son has decided not to come with us, we will be going straight out I-80 instead of swinging down to CIncinnati on I-71, and then taking I-74 and US 34.