#16 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted August 13, 2010 - 07:14 PM

I can relate to what it's like with the heat,it's been hot and humid here as well.However today we had a rather cool day 17 to 20 c .Up to 70 f been raining on and off since 5 am so a nice pleasant day [not hot and humid] mosquitoes aren't too bad either.Lots of thunder and lightening dark sky etc: so sort of been watching the sky.Had many weather warnings as well today but at least the heat isn't bothersome today. One thing I did notice the other day is that the spruce tree's are loaded with cones.My old uncle [he's passed on] used to say look at the spruce.pine trees if they have lots of cones it means were in for a long ,cold,hard winter.So if it's any indication so far by what's happening now, winter this year may make for lots of seat time blowing snow.Yipee LOL. Larry

Edited by massey driver, August 13, 2010 - 07:21 PM.

#17 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted August 13, 2010 - 08:23 PM

Shoo there Daniel
That is warm.
When we had the dairy farm up here in the mid 70s we had to switch 45 head in a stall barn to get those 90 some girls milked.
I can remember some evenings in the barn where you just sweated continuously and the poor cows just wanted to get back out side as the heat would build in the milking area.
I am thinking of winter and the warm enclosure of the cab on the tractor that will inherit the 4820 thrower.
I can not stand to cold any better than this heat at my age.
Most snow removal around here is done with the Case 1835B skid steer.
No cab and a lot of cold ears,fingers, and feet..
Let's talk about cold when it gets here.

#18 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted August 13, 2010 - 09:24 PM

101 here today,with high humidity! Raining now, hope it rains at least an inch! Supposed to cool off some next week. I'm ready!!!!! ~~ grnspot110

#19 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted August 14, 2010 - 07:37 AM

It's going to be in the mid 80's here today...

#20 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted August 14, 2010 - 07:40 AM

Supposed to get in the high 80's w/ 70% humidity... right now, 77 & perfect... even a BREEZE.

EDIT:
88 my fanny, hit 94 here today with the humidity way up. Still, wasn't 109. Good luck guys.

Edited by MH81, August 15, 2010 - 09:31 PM.
Weather man was wrong

#21 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted August 14, 2010 - 09:40 AM

102* in NW AR yesterday. Broke our record by 2 degrees. Supposed to be the same today. BUT...... I was headed outside this morning to pick some okra and it was RAINING a bit. Not sure how much we got, but everything is wet. Just enough to settle the dust, I bet. More in the forecast through the weekend and into early next week, and lower 90's expected. I hope so. This heat is tough. The okra seems to love it, though, as long as it gets watered once in awhile.

#22 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 14, 2010 - 02:48 PM

Heat index at 109. Cows under sprinkler hoses, soaking wet & still many have their tongues hanging out suffering badly from the heat. Just so much one can do for them. Dread feeding silage & milking tonight, gonna feel like a sauna in there. The heat is beginning to drag me down mentally. I NEED SHOP TIME, but just too danged hot in there, even with fans. Yeah, I know, I'm feeling sorry for myself now, but we all just need a break from this vicious weather.

#23 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted August 14, 2010 - 04:15 PM

Temp is a little below 90 here, today, but humidity is still way up there. It's supposed to dry out some tomorrow, with low 80's predicted for the first part of next week. That will be a welcome relief!

#24 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted August 14, 2010 - 08:45 PM

Today it's another wet and cool one,not a lot of rain maybe 1/2" yesterday and today but enough to cancel some of this weekends planned events.There was a model Airplane show in one town called off today.A truck and tractor pull in another town cancelled today.A moto cross event cancelled in another town cancelled.The funniest thing is there all within 1/2 hr of each other.Not sure what tommoro will bring as the only thing that shouldn't be affected by the muddy conditions will be the model air plane show,as long as the rain stops.Of course it,s a lot cooler as well with a NW wind blowing today didn't get above 60 f so at least it wasn't hot.I do miss the sun and blue sky.maybe tommoro it'll come out.It's kinda funny only gone for a couple days and it's already missed.LOL Larry

#25 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 14, 2010 - 08:54 PM

While milking tonight, a front was coming & thought we'd get some rain. Both north & south of me got a good rain, & some areas flooding. I got a few sprinkles, but that's it. Not enough to wet a blade of grass. Starting to get dry quick the last day or so. Would loved to have gotten a soaker, but not to be. Did cool a few degrees anyway.

#26 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted August 14, 2010 - 09:30 PM

Well it was hot enough today to fry a egg on the old tractor hood.

#27 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted August 14, 2010 - 09:57 PM

When to the Chilton show with 4 tractors. 80* and humid to load. Thank goodness my son came and helped load and assisted at the show.
2:00 after the parade and it was to hot for me to walk any more. Got on the tractors to go out to the feild where the live action was and low and behold the bolt that holds the steering bellcrank losened and fellout on the 1650 my son was driving leaving him died in the water. He felt bad but not his fault. Took the 1650 I was driving back to the trailer and used the bolt from that one to fix the other to get it back to the trailer. Thank goodness little Bro was with us with the 1655 so we did not have to walk that mile to get back to the 1650 that was broke down.
88* at 4:00 and we started loading to head home...
Pics are posted on the "Events" forum.
Man was it good to get in that truck and turn the air on high.
Sure glad I did not have to milk cows when I got home.
Daniel
I said the same thing today about winter coming but every time it gets here I complain how cold it is.
Sweat or cold fingers?????????????????????????????????????
Why can it be spring and fall and forget the summer and winter thing.
Yes we are a Puss.

#28 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted August 15, 2010 - 07:42 PM

It was just perfect here today. In the 80's with low humidity. No 90's predicted for this week....YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted August 15, 2010 - 07:47 PM

Hot and sticky day here.

#30 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted August 16, 2010 - 09:06 AM

It cooled down Sunday 79 and low humidity.:smile1::smile1::smile1:
Felt goo out in the shop for a change.

Today started at 61 and a predicted high of 76*.
Dry and below 80* predicted all week.

Sure a difference from what we have been having.