• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 10:34 AM

its was just windy here the neighbor a couple doors down lost a section of fence but thats all ive seen so far, i only went to the mail box and came back in.
  • KennyP, Newpaws493 and LilysDad have said thanks

#17 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 10:54 AM

We got off very lightly, a couple pine branches down at the back of the yard, wind blew the plastic off the wood pile but never lost power.
Across the street one neighbor was not so fortunate, wind topped a BIG pine and it smashed the roof on the back part of her house at the height of the storm. Major structural damage and of course water damage as well. Lots in the area still without power first thing this am.

#18 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 11:06 AM

We were very fortunate here in southern Massachusetts. Lost one tree. It's leaning against a tree in the backyard neighbor's yard. A lot of smaller branches to clean up too. Still have some broken branches hung up in some of the trees, too. Lost my pc modem, or so i thought. Went and bought a new one, cam home and started to uninstall the present one and it came back to life.....stupid loose connection . lol ! Funny thing is all the leaves that were in the yard are gone. ! I feel b ad for those who got hit bad. NYC has my condolences along with other sections.

#19 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 12:51 PM

Left for work bout 4:30am and ddnt notice much. My fiance left bout 8 and all looked good. She stopped home for lunch bout 11:30 and our entire driveway and front yard are under bout 8-9 inches of water or more. Guessin the storm sewers couldn't keep up or the neighbors leaves clogged the drains since they had big pules out by the road. No idea what the back yard is like but no electricity lost yet so least the sump pump keeps workin....
  • Newpaws493 and LilysDad have said thanks

#20 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 05:05 AM

Read through some threads today, has anyone heard from Titus in RI or Lovintractorin in PA ? {Wellness check}

#21 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,479 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 06:35 AM

Since we have several threads going on this, some folks may be checking in there.

#22 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 10:05 PM

Spoke with Lovintractorin, he's well, lost power and such looking foward to meeting him some time before dawn.
  • MH81 said thank you

#23 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 11:44 PM

Say, who anchored that tanker and then hit the hammock? If I were the insurance company I would need a pretty good explanation how that negligence occured. Ditto for that crane crew!:D

Having gone through this one undamaged I am once again glad that I'm not drawn to owning property within 5' of sea level in a world where everyone knows that the seas are rising every year and that storms bring extra high tides.

What can happen will happen and just did. Lessons learned? I think not, "It can't happen again!"
  • Newpaws493 said thank you

#24 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 12:49 AM

So here we're 75-100 miles from the "oil works" in NJ and now we don't have any gas. Logic tells me that everybody in the same radius in NJ and PA must have no gas? Personally, I dont' believe it. If the fuel storage infrastructure is that short in supply, we're all in trouble up here when it comes to home heating oil this winter. Why, I believe they can actually add $2.00 to the price of HHO and get away with it this season blaming it on "Sandy"! (And, now I'm moving into a house with no woodstove, just a fireplace...? "Oh Hydro, what have you done now?":D

#25 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 05:49 PM

While gas was around $3.50ish in Pa, I saw massive lines at the pump on the jersey pike and payed over $5.00/gal in Conn. on the return trip...go figure. I'd blame GREED. IMHO...

#26 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted November 05, 2012 - 06:29 PM

Well I heard from the sales office in Creskill NJ today they now have power and are back to work.
Also got a messaged to call my customer who.s store on 5th avenue is finally got power as well as his home in NJ, to call him tomorrow and take his order. I also noticed that the truck traffic here in Iowa is back to normal so freight will be moving into the area.
Its going to take some time, but things seem to be on the mend. I understand thats not fast enough when your doing without.
But keep the faith guys!!

#27 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 08:06 PM

I came across this pretty late but we fared pretty good. Was expecting plenty of ash trees down (ash borer deaths) but nothing. Lost power monday night and got it back for good on friday. Went to work in NJ wenesday and weighted for 45 minutes at a truck stop in pa near the NJ border where they were rationing fuel, and in near our jobsite there were lines all over, trees down everywhere and long lines down the road of people standing with their gas cans in hand at the few fuel stations that still had gas. What a mess. Felt a little bit guilty pulling in there trying to do bussiness as usual while eveyone is out of power, weighting in gas lines or other. The boss sent us to jobs elsewhere while things get cleaned up and back to normal in there.

Edited by Lovintractorin, November 09, 2012 - 08:07 PM.