Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 05:29 PM

Not sure if anyone has seen this photo shot but if anyone has been to NYC and seen the actual size of the Statue of Liberty, you'll know why this is just amazing that waves can exceed that height.....just thought I'd share.....my prayers, thoughts and best wishes from my family to all of those in need.......
liberty.jpg

#2 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 05:45 PM

So were did you get this pic? Looks like one from a movie I have seen.....................

#3 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 05:50 PM

I've been on that island and if that picture is real, that's scary considering the area

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 05:52 PM

If that is real,that's pretty scary.

#5 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 06:09 PM

copied it from the weather channels website......of course it looks familiar as a movie shot, if you've even watched television in the past 10yrs theres been about a million movies that depict what a storm thru NYC would be like.......email The Weather Channel......maybe they can confirm...... :bigrofl: :bigrofl: :bigrofl: , and yes John, I have been there a few times myself.....sure is scary. I have friends in Atlantic City and they claimed to be under 3ft of water when I spoke with them earlier and the storm hadn't even touched shore yet.......

#6 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 06:16 PM

Around the 2 min mark.........

#7 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 07:03 PM

Around the 2 min mark.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_1VnGp8Lls

Congrats you solved a mystery.....like I said, I copied it from "The Weather Channel" website. THEY had it posted....for what reason who knows....either way the point was to give thoughts and prayers to the families out that way experiencing a storm of high magnitude, NOT to show disrespect by pulling away from the importance of it all........

#8 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 07:04 PM

I've seen that linked to on a couple of news sites, so if the shot isn't real there are a lot of pro's being fooled. The shot of the shark swimming around suburban streets in New Jersey is photoshopped though.
  • Farmlife said thank you

#9 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 07:19 PM

I'm sure theres many photos being thrown around due to people are always looking to include themselves in some fashion or another when any major situation happens in the world....I even seen one of "godzilla" walking into NYC thru water earlier. Lets not forget everyone that these images are to see what it may be or possibly will end up being like and the fact that none of us know unless we are actually there.

#10 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 07:37 PM

Talked to my brother in the last hour and his base was closed on the MD coast today because of storm surge already. I agree real photo or not, prayers for safety are definitely in order for many, many folks this week !

#11 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 04:50 PM

First, I watched a bunch of the continuing coverage on all the local stations that our cable has. I'd like to congratulate the reporters, desk people and the roving reporters for NEVER ONCE mentioning "global warming".:D

Statue of Liberty doctored shot, funny in a macabre sort of way! But the real "visual" was the video of that crane actually blowing over backwards! That amazed me... especially after Bloomie told everybody earlier in the day, and I quote verbatim, "...and all the city's cranes have been 'battered down'." "Battered" is right!:D
  • MH81 said thank you

#12 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,668 Thanks
  • 7,686 posts

Posted October 30, 2012 - 05:07 PM

Glad to hear your okay HH. I was afraid you might be floating down the Hudson on a bureau of drawers.

Now I have to go back to searching news photos for Jersey Ken. He said he was just west of Atlantic City. He might have taken a direct hit.

Edited by LilysDad, October 30, 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#13 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted October 31, 2012 - 11:29 PM

Got an Emale from the Jersey One and he looked at the world through Sandy's eye just fine. Lot's of us were just lucky, my town had more people out of power than there are living here! I guess some were visiting. All I needed to do for clean up was run the bagger today playing "Pick Up Sticks", tomorrow I'll put the soffet panel back.
  • MH81 and LilysDad have said thanks