#1 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 09:01 PM

I found a Wheel Horse 753 for sale today that I really like. It is in fair condition (just about everything seems to be there) and it has a mower deck that is in okay shape. However, it does NOT run, but the motor turns over. He said that the transmission shifts good. If I get it, I plan to do a total restoration on it and use it as my main mowing tractor as we have a smaller yard and this would be perfect for it.

With that being said, I was wondering if you guys could give me a ball park idea of what it may be worth?

Thanks,
Taylor

#2 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• Member No: 2392
  • 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 11:27 PM

You've been at this long enough to know that condition, area, availability, desire and competition all play a part in tractor prices.
Condition is everything when your looking for a quick flip. You don't want to have to completely rebuild it to resell it, it just wouldn't be profitable. BUT, if your looking for a fixer-uper and your mechanical ability allows you to do most/all the work, condition isn't always a huge factor.
Seeing as how your in my neck of the woods and knowing how plentiful these tractors are in this area, area & availability dictates a little lower pricing then let's say Texas and a lot lower than the UK
Desire is ALWAYS a driving factor in what one is willing to pay for a tractor & competition could drive up just what you wanted to spend to what you will spend.

That being said, a non running 753 in "decent" shape shouldn't bring more than $200 or so around here.
  • KC9KAS said thank you

#3 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 03:56 AM

In my area they aren't as plentiful and if one pops up on CL that is even worth looking at, you'll usually see it start around $400. They just go up from there......jusjeepn is exactly right, all about area and the demand in that area.....lucky for you, the fact that its not running is a big plus for you. 90% of the time its spark or fuel & I have found and usually from people not properly storeing it the year before.....use that to your advantage to talk em down.......good luck!!

#4 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 08:49 AM

Thanks for the input guys! I appreciate your time! I think I have a pretty good idea of what I want to pay for it now.

Edited by Wheel Horse Kid, October 29, 2012 - 08:50 AM.

#5 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 05:52 PM

Guys on here can give a much better edcuated guess on price with a picture attached! :camera: