#1 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 03:21 PM

I had been wanting a new welding helmet and finally found a few but wasn't ina hurry to pay the prices of what a good helmet costs. Well my good friend "ebay" has helped me again. I found one and its exactly what I wanted with only 4 mins to go. I threw in a bid at the last few seconds and won it. $37 and free shipping. When I was going to buy it off a welding site I found it was over $100 not including the shipping so I feel pretty good about it.

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 03:44 PM

Hey,now that's a nice looking helmet.

#3 ol' stonebreaker OFFLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,262 Thanks
  • 948 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 03:56 PM

Looks like a good un'!! First AD I bought was a HF. It lasted 3-4 yrs and went TU. I bought a 3M speedglas 100. It's not heavy duty enough to take welding on a job day in and day out but works well for my occasional weld job. It's not solar but has auto shutoff and I have to manually turn it on which only requires a button push. I'm very happy w/ it.

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 05:28 AM

Those AD helmets are great from a beginners point of view. I have a basic Lincoln model and it is a great help for me being able to see the work right up til I strike an arc. The only problem I've found is that if you are working outside and the sun is out the helmet will darken if it sees any reflections off of of any thing shiny like tools or freshly cleaned metal.

#5 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 09:32 AM

Good deal Farmlife, hopefully the controls on your new helmet are adjustable to avoid the problems like JDBrian experience with his.
My Speedglas 9000 has adjustable shade, sensitivity, and delay . Wouldn't be without it now, but have had frustrations with lesser models.

Attached Thumbnails

• cool table collage.jpg