Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone In The North East Able To Rebuilt A 7hp Engine?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted October 27, 2012 - 08:25 PM

I did my fall cleaning of the garage & once again I move my D4-7 bush hog I am slowly restoring. It's been one thing after the next with this thing.

The wisconsin engine S7D models gov failed and my friend was driving. I heard the RPM go through the roof & as I'm screaming to hit the kill switch, I heard it lock up. He didn't know about the switch and he felt terrible, but I'm not upset at him about it at all, it's just one of those things that happen.

That was 2 years ago. The engine is in pieces now, and needs to be rebuilt. I simply don't have the knowledge to do it as I've never done that before, nor do I have the time.

I would like to know if there is anyone in Rhode Island, CT or Mass that is willing to rebuilt this engine for me? Time frame, your cost, cost of parts, details are what I require as this engine is holding up the entire project.

Please let me know, and thank you very much!

#2 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted October 27, 2012 - 08:55 PM

Thats a shame. I'm sure you would like to rebuild what you have but if all else fails you could always swap it for another. I know to some people that isn't an option but just an idea. I hope you can find someone and finally get that thing going in your favor. Good luck and I would love to see some pics of what you have done so far....

#3 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted October 27, 2012 - 09:38 PM

I have a TRA-10D and another S7D engine but the crankshaft is different in both. Even if one can get swapped over, I'm ok with that.

I'll post photos once it gets going again. I'm going to need to repaint everything, tires, the works. But once this engine is done, that's going to be a ton of weight off my chest. Rebuilding the transaxle currently.

#4 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 01:27 AM

Titus how bad are the internal parts? Did anything break? If the block is ok and the majority of the components cam, crank ect... are ok then it shouldn't be to bad to rebuild. I see someone on Ebay has parts from an S7d they stripped down. Also we might be able to use the other S7d you have as a donor.

Just let me know a little more on it. Then I'll get back to you.

I have a full plate atm and this storm we are getting has put even more on my plate. But things should start winding down a bit for me in the next couple weeks.

Oh and get me the numbers off the engine if you have them.

Thanks Chris.

#5 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 12:46 PM

Hi Chris,
Nothing broken inside. Block seems fine, but now the cylinder wall has some rust on it, so if that engine is chosen, then it will likely have to be bored oversized. However I do have my donor S7D engine, I would like to go down that road and use the original crankshaft. So all in all, all the parts should be here just need to swap the crankshaft.

I will get you the numbers and thank you very much!

#6 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 12:46 PM

And stay safe with this storm, I'm deep in the woods and worried about most of these trees!

#7 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 03:56 PM

And stay safe with this storm, I'm deep in the woods and worried about most of these trees!

Same here! I am surrounded by huge old oak trees. I just got done getting my house and my Dad's house ready. plenty of supplies and all generators up and running.

now we just wait and see. During Irene we were out of power for 7 days.

You also stay safe and I'll talk to you soon

#8 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 10:20 AM

How did you make out? Have power I hope? We got hit hard here, but safe at least. I will have the numbers today for you. Thanks again.
  • Newpaws493 said thank you

#9 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for checkin in, I listed you as MIA before heading to PA Wednesday. Hope ya'll have a speedy recovery back to 'normal'

#10 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 03:08 PM

We got hit hard also, my Dad's house has a lot of trees down and we were all with out power until Friday afternoon. But at least everyone is safe. Glad you made it through unharmed! Talk to you soon.

#11 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 04:32 PM

We got hit hard also, my Dad's house has a lot of trees down and we were all with out power until Friday afternoon. But at least everyone is safe. Glad you made it through unharmed! Talk to you soon.

Glad to here you're doing well despite the conditions too Chris.!

#12 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 05:36 PM

What numbers did you need? Serial Numbers or? Model numbers I assume, just checking.

Glad to hear you're ok. Power companies busted their behinds all this week getting power back on to everyone.

#13 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted November 03, 2012 - 07:42 PM

What numbers did you need? Serial Numbers or? Model numbers I assume, just checking.

Glad to hear you're ok. Power companies busted their behinds all this week getting power back on to everyone.

Any numbers you can find will be a great help.

And yes the power company had a lot of work to do, so 5 days with no power wasn't bad considering the amount of trees on wires and poles snapped just in my area.