• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 custom8mm98 OFFLINE  

custom8mm98

• Member No: 30
  • 1 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted August 12, 2010 - 11:17 AM

I will be picking up a JD 70 round fender tomorrow. Does anyone have any interest in buying it? i will post pics when i get it back to my shop. it will need a restoration, hood has damage on the front as usual, motor turns freely but is missing carb and muffler, he may have the carb not sure. tires all seem to hold air, will need a new seat. im asking $225 OBO. i will post pics tomorrow, if you have any interest in owning a rare gt send me an email to jeremy.lathrop@yahoo.com im located in des moines, ia. i will accept paypal or cash upon arrival but will not hold item for anyone unless i have the money up front. thanks!

#2 brzezinski01 OFFLINE  

brzezinski01

• Contributor
  • Member No: 632
  • 4 Thanks
  • 73 posts

Posted August 12, 2010 - 03:34 PM

If you werent 3/4 of the country away I would want it, but IA is a little bit of a drive :) good luck selling it! if you could post pic though I would like to see what it looks like as I've never seen a 70 roud fender before

#3 dcso600 OFFLINE  

dcso600

• Member No: 2608
  • 0 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 03:27 AM

70's are a rare find, a friend of mine has one that has not run for years, trying to talk him out of it. Good luck on the sale of this unite. If you were not so far away I would be interested.

#4 Tmo OFFLINE  

Tmo

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2023
  • 356 Thanks
  • 486 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 10:38 PM

Technically, the 70 is not a garden tractor, but a lawn tractor. They were made from 1969 to 1974, it replaced the 60 lawn tractor, and in turn, the 70 was replaced by the 100 lawn tractor. The 70 had a 7 hp Tecumseh vertical shaft engine, which was tractor's weak point.

#5 pumpkintoter OFFLINE  

pumpkintoter

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2629
  • 11 Thanks
  • 181 posts

Posted April 11, 2011 - 10:39 PM

I will be picking up a JD 70 round fender tomorrow. Does anyone have any interest in buying it? i will post pics when i get it back to my shop. it will need a restoration, hood has damage on the front as usual, motor turns freely but is missing carb and muffler, he may have the carb not sure. tires all seem to hold air, will need a new seat. im asking $225 OBO. i will post pics tomorrow, if you have any interest in owning a rare gt send me an email to jeremy.lathrop@yahoo.com im located in des moines, ia. i will accept paypal or cash upon arrival but will not hold item for anyone unless i have the money up front. thanks!

Hey custom too bad i just found this site but hey if you come across anything else like that id be interested and i only live 30 min from des moines.. also do you know anywhere around the area to go to get used parts in getting ready to start getting a 71 110 up and about

#6 Tmo OFFLINE  

Tmo

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2023
  • 356 Thanks
  • 486 posts

Posted April 12, 2011 - 11:37 AM

Hey custom too bad i just found this site but hey if you come across anything else like that id be interested and i only live 30 min from des moines.. also do you know anywhere around the area to go to get used parts in getting ready to start getting a 71 110 up and about

Check Weekend Freedom Machines and their classifed section.