21 replies to this topic

#1 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 11:18 AM

I was browsing craigslist and came across this add. I know its not a Bolens, but I found something kinda comical. Lets see who spots what I found "funny in this add/pictures. Enjoy

http://erie.craigsli...3356833133.html
  • A.C.T. said thank you

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,752 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 11:23 AM

The overspray on the lawn. Right there, didn't even move it.........

#3 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 11:31 AM

Yup, all around. That's funny.

#4 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 11:40 AM

Man that was quick, Yep, Cat385b you win!! It amazes me what people do!! Move the thing 3 feet, then take pictures. Or people that have a tractor for sale, thats in "great condition", but it has pictures of 4ft tall grass growing through the tractors, hasn't moved in years, but they still snap pictures of it in place. Why wouldn't you pull the thing out of the weeds, blow it off, hose it down, and take a picture?? My common sense tells me, you want to sell something, you got to present it well!! Im not saying to lie and hide things, but give the thing a bath, cleanup, and check over, and you will sell it asap!! When you start painting random spots, overspraying stuff, wiping off oil leaks, etc.,etc., people will catch on that your hiding and band-aiding the tractor to sell it. Sorry, rant over!!
  • MailmAn said thank you

#5 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 25, 2012 - 11:55 AM

I like the way some people spell Kohler. It looks like the clutch/brake needs adjusted too.

I saw a CL ad the other day for a pulling tractor. The guy said he didnt know what kind of hood was on it but it was a cub.
I spotted the s frame and the flip up seat right off the bat and let him know that it was a gilson g-14.
He responded saying he new it was a gilson hood but the rest of it was for sure a cub.
I fired back with" Cub never used a briggs, that isnt a cub frame. I have 3 gilsons and I know what they look like"
He then changed the ad to read "gilson mower"... although no mower deck is included.
No overspray on the grass on this one, but it looks like the paint fumes were getting to him when he painted the wheels

http://kansascity.cr...3354878474.html

#6 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 01:30 PM

I like the way some people spell Kohler. It looks like the clutch/brake needs adjusted too.

I saw a CL ad the other day for a pulling tractor. The guy said he didnt know what kind of hood was on it but it was a cub.
I spotted the s frame and the flip up seat right off the bat and let him know that it was a gilson g-14.
He responded saying he new it was a gilson hood but the rest of it was for sure a cub.
I fired back with" Cub never used a briggs, that isnt a cub frame. I have 3 gilsons and I know what they look like"
He then changed the ad to read "gilson mower"... although no mower deck is included.
No overspray on the grass on this one, but it looks like the paint fumes were getting to him when he painted the wheels

http://kansascity.cr...3354878474.html

LOl a while ago i was at the tractor pulls and there was a guy that had a simmlar tractor and he was saying its a bolens 1050 there was never a hydro tractor that bolens made with a 10hp engine they were minimum 12hp also the only 50 series hydro was a 1250 and thats a large frame he keo going on thats its bolens the only connection bolens had with gilson was in the early 1910s and that was sold off i said its probably a gilson it cant be its a bolens

#7 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 25, 2012 - 01:41 PM

I am not throwing the bullsh!t flag on your bolens 1050 story, but though I had seen a 1050 a time or 2 and had to double check just to make sure I had my numbers right. I had a 1000 for a while.
They did in fact make a 1050. You were right on the " non-hydro", it was a gear tractor.
There is a big difference between the gilson frame and the bolens tube frame, hard to get them confused.

http://www.tractorda...olens-1050.html

Edited by rat88, October 25, 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#8 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,765 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 01:44 PM

That isn't overspray it is rare chameleon grass. It turns the color of whatever is parked on it.

#9 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,485 Thanks
  • 39,720 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 05:42 PM

I wouldn't buy anything from him. Didn't tape anything off. Just trying to make a fast buck!

#10 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 25, 2012 - 07:10 PM

I would give him the benefit of the doubt. I dont see alot of "turd polishing" on this one. He just touched up the scratches on the deck.
If it wasnt for the red grass, I wouldnt have noticed the RD deck, kinda rare and they mow the tall stuff better

#11 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 07:35 PM

Looks like he was tryin to just do a quick "touch-up" to help the sale. If it were me buying it, I'd use it against him. It would be my attempt to talk him down in price. I have never and will never pay an asking price. Sounds kinda mean but hey.....I'd rather sink the money into making it the way I want it than the initial purchase.

#12 John@Reliable ONLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 08:32 PM

Looks like some one sat on the hood too!

#13 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 08:39 PM

Says ya could hook up a plow or disc, but there's no lift assembly on this tractor, or quick-tach. I'm not familiar with "Kolar" engines! LOL

#14 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 25, 2012 - 08:43 PM

Says ya could hook up a plow or disc, but there's no lift assembly on this tractor, or quick-tach. I'm not familiar with "Kolar" engines! LOL

I like that too.
You could fly to the moon on it if you had the right stuff

#15 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted October 25, 2012 - 08:44 PM

I'm not familiar with "Kolar" engines! LOL