• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 11, 2010 - 03:05 PM

Mobile is......sadly..... too far a drive for me to steal this steal-of-a-deal out from under you. :wallbanging::wallbanging::wallbanging::wallbanging::wallbanging:

I can be at Mobile in about 10 to 11hrs! But, no way I wanna make that drive at the moment, so tmhrmh, you're safe with me as well as hydriv.

#17 tmhrmh OFFLINE  

tmhrmh

• Member No: 1023
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted August 11, 2010 - 03:30 PM

Thanks Guy's,

I knew when I started trying to find the answers that this site looked like there was a lot of information on here to
be found...

I'll let y'all know when I get and take some pictures...

If it is a hydraulic drive, does that mean the mower deck is hydraulic because I do know that it has a belt that needs to be replaced...

I'm still learning so please be patient...

#18 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted August 11, 2010 - 03:38 PM

I know if it were me, I'd've caught my pocket on fire pulling out my wallet too fast!! The mower is probably belt driven. If it's a 444, Then there's one local here without a deck or any of the extras for $500, and I'd consider that a pretty good deal!

#19 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted August 11, 2010 - 06:03 PM

Thanks Guy's,

I knew when I started trying to find the answers that this site looked like there was a lot of information on here to
be found...

I'll let y'all know when I get and take some pictures...

If it is a hydraulic drive, does that mean the mower deck is hydraulic because I do know that it has a belt that needs to be replaced...

I'm still learning so please be patient...

In 1992,3 and 4... Ingersoll did make some tractors that used no belts to drive attachments. These were known as the "all hydraulic" series. You said this was a Case. From 1986 on, the name CASE no longer appeared on the tractors. Only the name Ingersoll could be found. Therefore, belt driven mower decks and snowcasters are in your future. I can see all of that in my crystal ball.

There is so much more to tell but you have to cross my palm with silver many times for this to happen.

#20 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,861 posts

Posted August 11, 2010 - 08:08 PM

There is so much more to tell but you have to cross my palm with silver many times for this to happen.[/QUOTE]

Hydriv
Tease us a little. I am trying to learn all I can about Case/Ingersoll so when all the Massey/Snappers are gone I have other options.:bounce:

#21 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted August 12, 2010 - 09:22 AM

[quote name='ducky']There is so much more to tell but you have to cross my palm with silver many times for this to happen.[/QUOTE]

Hydriv
Tease us a little. I am trying to learn all I can about Case/Ingersoll so when all the Massey/Snappers are gone I have other options.:bounce:[/QUOTE]

I think you have me confused with some of those "easy girls" you dated back in high school.:bigrofl::bigrofl:

#22 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 12, 2010 - 09:56 AM

Well, since hydriv won't fill you in, then I'll have to. Case are decent tractors, but Massey has them beat hands down! Flambeau Red is no competition to Massey Red. The hydrostats in the Massey will out perform the Case, and won't coast downhill like all the early Case tractors do. Case hydraulics needs lots of TLC compared to Massey systems.
Now surely hydriv will HAVE to come out to say something more about Case/Ingersoll!:bigrofl:

#23 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

mastifflawyer

Tractorholic

• Member No: 261
  • 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted August 12, 2010 - 11:58 AM

Well, since hydriv won't fill you in, then I'll have to. Case are decent tractors, but Massey has them beat hands down! Flambeau Red is no competition to Massey Red. The hydrostats in the Massey will out perform the Case, and won't coast downhill like all the early Case tractors do. Case hydraulics needs lots of TLC compared to Massey systems.
Now surely hydriv will HAVE to come out to say something more about Case/Ingersoll!:bigrofl:

When Hydrive comes back to earth from his love affair with Electric Tractors he will rightfully defend our beloved Colt-Case-Ingy tractors from the vicious and hateful statements made by olcowhand.

#24 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted August 12, 2010 - 04:07 PM

Dan,
You are supposed to moderate this forum, not incite riots. :madhop::madhop::D

First off, Case stopped using Flambeau Red in 1968. The "new" paint is called Power Red. We are quite happy with it.

Anyone too cheap to purchase a ten dollar owner's manual so they can find out how to control their tractor on grades, deserves to go for an adrenalin pumping ride and end up having an underwear change afterward. :bigrofl:

It's a simple process to master, providing they went to school long enough to learn basic English. As for Massey tractors, I would never write disparaging remarks about them. I leave that up to those who have owned one. :shoot3:The great irony here is that Ingersoll made tractors for MF in the early 90's. I'm putting that one in for Ducky so when he gets done collecting tractors made by all the other companies for Massey, he can find an Ingersoll in MF clothing and learn what it's like to have a real tractor for a change.:itsok::itsok:

BTW, did your beloved MF ever get around to designing and building a GT of there own or couldn't they figure it out by themselves. :rolleyes::rofl2::rofl2::flamewar:

#25 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 12, 2010 - 06:10 PM

Nothing like a little ribbing to get the blood pumping eh!:bigrofl: Of course you knew already I am just ribbing you. I bought a 446 broken & didn't even get it unloaded off the trailer when my buddy HAD to have it. I let him talk me out of it, but then I still had to rebuild the engine & go through it for him. Not a money maker for me at all, but for a friend....
Anyways, I warned him many times about the coasting, but as most people, the hard way of learning is the route he took. Ended up in a drainage ditch, knee deep in mud & covered himself in the same. Took his 4WD Dodge truck to pull it out. Never happened again though! Case/Ingersoll is a great tractor! I would of course love to own a Colt myself!
But you are correct, Massey farmed out their GT line. I got a a friend Greg who owns a 316GTX Ingersoll Massey. He loves it. As I've always said, ALL tractors are good!

#26 mastifflawyer OFFLINE  

mastifflawyer

Tractorholic

• Member No: 261
  • 43 Thanks
  • 162 posts

Posted August 12, 2010 - 06:56 PM

Oh no!!! Dan you gave in much too easily. I was hoping for an all out tractor fight.

Dan I know where a very nice restorable Colt Super is that is not too far from you. It would set you back $500 Benjis, but when restored would be worth a million or so.

I sure hope the OP made his Case purchase. We need all the Case guys we can get around here!

#27 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 12, 2010 - 07:03 PM

Oh no!!! Dan you gave in much too easily. I was hoping for an all out tractor fight.

Oh, but I did exactly what I intended...made hydriv speak up a bit more! :D Besides, it's usually the green tractor guys that wanna fight!:laughingteeth:
My signature says it all for me. As I've said before, you can park every make of tractor together & they get along just fine....owners can be another matter entirely!:bash:

#28 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted August 12, 2010 - 09:25 PM

We're all just havin' fun here Dan.. No harm... no foul.

#29 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 12, 2010 - 09:29 PM

Posted Image

#30 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,861 posts

Posted August 12, 2010 - 11:08 PM

Hi Guys
Did I start something here.
My goodness.
Tractor come indifferent color so we can be different.
What if we lived in Russia and we ALL had a Belarus??????????????????