• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,294 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 09:24 PM

All loaded but a couple tools, the spare airtank, camera, and the trip snacks.

#17 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 09:30 PM

As a last minute decision, I'm loaded up and ready to roll in the AM too! I actually hadn't even cleaned the plow from Daniel's plow day yet. So I did that today and loaded up. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones!
  • MH81 said thank you

#18 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 09:32 PM

I wish I was going too, looks like you guys are going to have a good day, remember, Videos.

#19 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:47 AM

If it weren't for the local show here, I would definitely be coming up for this plow day. Of course the Caterpillar's battery is junk now lol.

#20 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:47 AM

Oh, have fun guys, and take lots of pics!! :)

#21 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,218 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 04:53 PM

I just got home from plow day. What a fun time! The weather didn't look too promising but by afternoon it was beautiful. The plowing wasn't too bad in this field. I tried the little Wagner first and it did better than I ever expected. It never missed a beat but it has limited adjustments so the furrow wasn't very good. I put it back after one furrow and jumped on the Satoh. Great group of about 41 there. I missed the pulls as I was having lunch with a couple of forum members and going back out to plow. Steve, Alan, thanks for letting me and my horrible table manners join you. I told the waitress you wanted a glass of that "special" lemonaide. I hope she got it for you because I paid a good price for that stuff! Hope the kids had fun.
  • MH81 and caseguy have said thanks

#22 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,294 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 07:00 PM

We just got in a few minutes ago, what a great day. The weather warmed up to just flannel shirt weather pretty quickly and the plowing was fun. As always, the company was tops, the coffee was hot, & the group welcomed us Northerners with open arms
The kids did a wonderful job plowing. Corn stubble fought everyone a little bit, but as long as you weren't digging for coal depth wise, it was fine.

Only casualty to the day was 3 carb jobs in the making. Stopped and got the gas can filled enroute and after the first fill up, they were all missing and acting like we had water in the bowls. Some minor adjustments got us in the field and held for the day. Need to get this out of the tanks tomorrow and run some fresh thru them.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the members of the club for having us. See you next year!

Oh, and Jeff... As for the lemonade, she gave me the recipe. I'll make some and send it down

Pics will be coming in a little bit, just got company.
  • David Brown said thank you

#23 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,294 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 08:00 PM

OK, Pictures (in no order, and no sorting) Still have company... but didn't want to keep anyone waiting.

http://gardentractor...ew-pa-plow-day/
  • DH1 and KennyP have said thanks

#24 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 08:35 PM

I've been home for a while now, but wanted to unwind a bit and catch up with the family after being away all day before I sat down to type out this post. First, I would like to thank everyone involved in organizing this event as it was truly a success! I got to see some old friends and made a few new ones just as I had hoped. Jeff, I really enjoyed the lunch, the conversation, and the company! You are welcome at my table any time! The ground was hard turning, but the 314 appreciated the workout! As was said above the weather was as unpredictable as ever with an unexpected rain in the wee hours, but it had stopped by daylight and by early afternoon, the day was a true blessing for mid November! The fields didn't suffer at all from the rain and were in a fit state for plowing. True to form, I didn't get many pics, but I had a great time! I'll post the few pics that I got here.

IMAG0902.jpg IMAG0903.jpg IMAG0905.jpg IMAG0909.jpg IMAG0910.jpg IMAG0911.jpg IMAG0912.jpg
  • DH1, KennyP and David Brown have said thanks

#25 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 09:23 PM

Glad you all had fun without me. Hope to join you in the future, but doubt my local show will fall on a different weekend lol.

#26 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,459 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 10:57 AM

Great pics, guys. Enjoyed every one of them!

#27 MF10Ryan OFFLINE  

MF10Ryan

• Contributor
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 7917
  • 244 Thanks
  • 74 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 07:36 PM

Well, I had a Very great time at this plow day this year, and what made it an Especially Great day was: An Native American Arrow head!! Dad Rolled it up on the furrow i was in, (It was right on the point of where the dirt rolled up off of the moldboard.) I thought it was a piece of garbage and picked it up (Not stopping) and i cleaned it off and saw this in dirt :D :D :D

PC200788 (Large).JPG PC200789 (Large).JPG

Looking thru my Grandparent's books, best we can figure is it's a "Fishing Point". Used to spear fish, we were able to date it at about 7000 yrs old.

#28 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,459 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted November 11, 2012 - 07:52 PM

Nice arrowhead, Ryan. That's being in the right place at the right time.
  • MH81 said thank you

#29 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,218 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted November 12, 2012 - 07:45 AM

The arrowhead find was definetely a high point of the day. What a great find! I was right behind Ryan when he swooped by and picked it up. I wondered what he was doing until he looked back and held it up with a big grin on his face. I was so happy for him! Alan, you have a couple a great kids there and I don't just mean that because they like to plow. Well behaved and interested in many things. You are to be commended for the job you and your wife are doing.

Now the bad part, it's all over until next year. Now is when all the tractors (except the ones used for snow removal) get put away for the winter. The boards become a little more silent and the days short. Work in the house, work in the shop to get ready for next year. At least it's something to look forward to. Well, the work in the shop anyway. It's all good as long as we can play at some point!
  • MH81 said thank you

#30 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,294 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted November 15, 2012 - 10:21 PM

I got the mail today & there was a CD ROM from Larry Sipe. I Uploaded about 300 of the photos to this album: http://gardentractor...day-larry-sipe/

Larry, if you read this, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. The pictures were fantastic and some of the "in the moment" facial expressions were a hoot. I was able to blackmail my kids with a couple of them.
  • DH1 and David Brown have said thanks