3 replies to this topic

#1 bill1261 OFFLINE  

bill1261
  • Member No: 8924
  • 7 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 07:24 PM

Hello,
I was was running my 1256 yesterday with a cultivator behind it and I suddenly lost my hydraulics. I pulled the battery and found that the drive pin was loose. I obviously lost a part or two and can't find the part in my illustrated parts catalog. Anyone know how to find out what I need? Thanx
1256 hydro 01.jpg

1256 hydro 02.JPG

1256 hydro 03.JPG

#2 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 07:45 PM

there is a small roll pin that fits in the yoke of rod sticking out of the valve other than that there is the Ball like thing that the lift handle hooks to make sure the 2 small screws are tight does it do any thing ? like squeal or bog the engine down ? it might be the valve
  • bill1261 said thank you

#3 bill1261 OFFLINE  

bill1261
  • Member No: 8924
  • 7 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 10:31 PM

there is a small roll pin that fits in the yoke of rod sticking out of the valve other than that there is the Ball like thing that the lift handle hooks to make sure the 2 small screws are tight does it do any thing ? like squeal or bog the engine down ? it might be the valve

Thanx 8tyman8. If I'm understanding you, those two screws are tight, and I get nothing. I'm pretty sure it's missing parts on the right side of the valve. I see a spring intact, but I think there should be a nut or bolt holding the shaft to the housing. I did a little research and I'm guessing that this is called a spool valve. Can I find the missing nut or bolt? Can I replace the whole valve?

#4 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted October 23, 2012 - 06:18 AM

Thanx 8tyman8. If I'm understanding you, those two screws are tight, and I get nothing. I'm pretty sure it's missing parts on the right side of the valve. I see a spring intact, but I think there should be a nut or bolt holding the shaft to the housing. I did a little research and I'm guessing that this is called a spool valve. Can I find the missing nut or bolt? Can I replace the whole valve?

if you look on the bolens fourm i have a post about the valves http://gardentractor...lic#entry178830 might be something to compare to