5 replies to this topic

#1 Horvik OFFLINE  

Horvik
  • Member No: 11027
  • 16 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 07:19 PM

Hey;

I am unable to get as much forward speed as reverse in my 3416 H, and thought maybe you fella could help out.

Have fresh fluid and filters, good belt that's tight Just cannot get as much speed forward as reverse. .

#2 Horvik OFFLINE  

Horvik
  • Member No: 11027
  • 16 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 07:20 PM

Hey;

I am unable to get as much forward speed as reverse in my 3416 H, and thought maybe you fella could help out.

Have fresh fluid and filters, good belt that's tight Just cannot get as much speed forward as reverse. .

Hey;

Forgot to also mention that there is no slop in the hydro linkage, all taken out all the way down to the hydro arm itself

#3 sdrolls1 OFFLINE  

sdrolls1
  • Member No: 52422
  • 5 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 09:32 PM

I am having the same problem.  Did you ever figure out what the cause was?

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you

#4 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 09:51 PM

They can be tricky to adjust.  Best thing to do is jack it up, so the rear tires are off the ground, then carefully adjust while the tractor runs, as MINOR adjustments go a long way.

The turnbuckle will potentially help you...it's mainly for adjusting neutral position, but play with it a bit to see how your machine reacts while running.

If that won't do it, shut her down.  At the rear of that linkage, there will be a flange that is bolted to the nex component on the trans (sorry, no pics).  With the blower cover off, you can unbolt (it's tight quarters), and unthread that flange on the linkage.  You essentially make the linkage longer this way....giving your hydro control lever more range.  Threading the flange in further will shorten the linkage, drawing in the travel that the lever has, and making it more sensetive.

Draw the linkage shorter by threading that in...try 2-3 full turns, and rebolt in place.  Now fire up the machine and readjust neutral with the turnbuckle.  You should find you have more foward speed.

• Rock farmer said thank you

#5 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 09:52 PM

I am having the same problem.  Did you ever figure out what the cause was?

Your tranny is completely different...nothing about the setup is the same, unfortunately.  The hydro in a Sovereign 18 is a Sunstrand, not the early Vickers.

• sdrolls1 said thank you

#6 sdrolls1 OFFLINE  

sdrolls1
  • Member No: 52422
  • 5 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 09:57 PM

Any ideas on what to do?  Is there an adjustment than can be made or is it more complicated than that?