• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Buggyman OFFLINE  

Buggyman
  • Member No: 11338
  • 42 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 06:53 PM

My 78 2418 has hydraulics and a tank that looks to hold about a gallon of fluid. Does anyone know how full it should be kept. If I fill it where there is less than 1 1/2 to a 2 inch space to the top it comes out. I am not sure if it from use or just sloshing around and coming out. I am wondering if there is some recommended level to keep it at rather than try to keep it full.

#2 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 06:57 PM

With the cylinder CONTRACTED it should be about an inch from the top. When you filled it did you have the cylinder contracted or extended? If it was extended then when you contract it fluid will go back to the reservoir and cause it to overflow.

#3 Buggyman OFFLINE  

Buggyman
  • Member No: 11338
  • 42 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted October 23, 2012 - 10:07 PM

THANK YOU. I will have a look. That information helps a lot.

I have the tractor torn down right now replacing some gaskets, new exhaust, cleaning, sanding, and painting it. I recently bought a plow and next week will start making a 3 point mounting bracket for it. It looks like with the wheels set outward I am going to have to mount the plow as far to the right on the bar as possible or move the wheels in. I am not sure how well that will pull with the plow so far to the side.