Hydraulic Lift "switch"
Posted November 11, 2012 - 04:02 PM
I then tried to put on the cylinder... did anybody notice I said "tried" to put it on? Of course, it hit on the body cover!
All I had to do, was cut out the notch so it went another inch higher.
Now that I have the cylinder in it's mounting place, I could get proper measurements of how far I needed to drop the elbows. The front elbow needs to go down 3 inches, and the back has to go down only 2 inches.
I will make a run out tonight and get the rest of the stuff I need for this project.
Posted November 11, 2012 - 05:45 PM
Posted November 12, 2012 - 10:23 PM
I decided to put the fittings together, just to see how it looked. They look pretty long, and they are... but they clear the frame with room to spare without being so low that I have to worry about breaking a fitting. As long as I remember that this tractor cant run over all the brush and saplings that the '75 goes over I should be ok!
Posted November 13, 2012 - 09:00 PM
The lines draped down over the brake pedal pivot, and the lift arm pivot. With it sitting on top of them I was afraid of it wearing through the line over time. So, I bent this little holder.
The bolt then went into a hole conveniently placed in the bottom of the tranny. The one line has nothing above it, so it is not as secure as the other but it still holds it firmly in place.
Even with the holder, one of the lines still rubbed on the lift arm pivot. There was nothing convenient to attach the line to without making it look messy, and if there was there was not much slack in the line to do so. I decided to just make a little guard.
Here it is in place on the line.
I am now done with fabrication! I just need to prep and paint; I am only going to paint the parts that have raw steel showing.
I also need a link belt.
Posted November 14, 2012 - 08:55 AM
Posted November 15, 2012 - 11:37 AM
Posted November 15, 2012 - 03:53 PM
Nice job Ryan. Was there a reason you couldn't turn the 90 degree fittings to run parallel with the cylinder/tractor frame? Or even better, just do away with the 90 degree fittings all together and just run the hoses fittings thread directly into the cylinder?
I am sure I could have done either of those, but I wanted to get the lines up someplace more protected. If I did put the hoses right into the cylinder then I don't know how how far down they would swoop before they could turn, I think the would hang pretty low.
Posted December 22, 2012 - 05:08 PM
- KennyP said thank you
Posted December 22, 2012 - 05:25 PM
Posted December 22, 2012 - 09:39 PM
Everything went back together well, no problems. The only damage to the paint was when I chased the threads on the control lever to take the paint off... and I don't know if that qualifies as damage or not.
I will put fluid in it tomorrow and try it out. If everything checks out ok, I will swap the tires with the '75 back to normal.
Edited by Ryan313, December 22, 2012 - 09:41 PM.
Posted December 22, 2012 - 10:14 PM
Posted December 26, 2012 - 07:32 PM
With the tractor running now, I got to try it out! I cycled through it and it worked great! The 1/4 inch lines make the cycle time very fast, much faster then the '75. I then put on the snowplow, and it moved just as fast with the weight on it. Before I put the plow on it, I cycled it about 30 times to get the air out. I must have got it all out, because my brother sat on the plow and it still lifted it. After plowing tomorrow I will check the fluid in it.
Posted December 28, 2012 - 04:53 PM
Posted January 15, 2013 - 11:40 PM
Nice job! One post read and a few more to look at from your PM.