• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,228 Thanks
  • 28,594 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 11:49 AM

OK Guys, Dad and I have been discussing some of our stuff. We decided that we have too much stuff.
We're going to be trying to move some of the things that we think someone else would love more.

This is our David Bradley 917.5752
DB Walker with Sickle.jpg
I believe (from the low serial number) it's a 1950. Model number on the engine seems to be unknown, but it is a Briggs. It looks to be the original engine. Research shows it to be a model "N", I may be wrong, feel free to correct me.

Talked to Dad & he said he'd take $125.

What it needs. As a show piece, not much. It could probably use a refresh on the paint and there is a small hole in the bottom of the engine tin that could be repaired but the PO (and restorer) just left it alone. A couple of guys have suggested I fiddle with the carb and governor, we have not had the time.

The right tire is starting to show it's age and we have been babying it. It should be OK for a while longer if it's not in heavy use or inflated too much.

The sickle bar is missing the high weed bar and the sickle could use some TLC if you plan on cutting with it. It'd be fine for show & tell.

It's an easy starter, and moves along at a good clip, no serious leaks that I know of. I didn't want to sell it, but we need the room more.

GEDC0915 (Large).JPG GEDC0918 (Large).JPG
GEDC0916 (Large).JPG GEDC0921 (Large).JPG
GEDC0919 (Large).JPG GEDC0924 (Large).JPG
GEDC0917 (Large).JPG
Thanks for looking.

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,228 Thanks
  • 28,594 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 10:13 PM

Updated with a lower price.

#3 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted November 10, 2012 - 12:36 AM

Alan, I like the tires on it, as those were originally designed around farm use Jeeps. I would love to buy it for its tires myself, but I have too many of them DB's myself... Wish the next owner best of luck, and to take care of it.

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,228 Thanks
  • 28,594 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 02:26 PM

Bump.
Going to put this out there for another week then list locally on CL, see if anyone wants it around here.
If someone is interested, please let me know.
Possibly up for trades, have to involve Dad tho.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale, david, bradley, 917.5752