7 replies to this topic

#1 Horvik OFFLINE  

Horvik
  • Member No: 11027
  • 16 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hello;

I had just replaced the main impeller bearing on the 42" Ford two stage blower.

During this work, I had the three sets of chains soaking in 30 W motor oil for a few days. When I took the chains out of the oil to install the oil had rust in it.

So I put the chains on and s got a noise(sounds like the chains) but not sure if it's normal for one of these units. Also, before I replaced the bearing, the auger and the input shaft turned pretty quiet.

So, do I need chains or what do you think?

All the best

#2 Arti ONLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,311 Thanks
  • 970 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 07:02 PM

I had a noise that sounds like what you are describing.. It ended up being the bearing in the middle front of the blower.. This is actually a bushing type T shaped bearing setup It's on a 42 inch 2 stage Ford blower.

#3 Horvik OFFLINE  

Horvik
  • 16 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 07:35 PM

I had a noise that sounds like what you are describing.. It ended up being the bearing in the middle front of the blower.. This is actually a bushing type T shaped bearing setup It's on a 42 inch 2 stage Ford blower.

Arti;

Can you tell me what kind of a job that is to do, and can a man make or get that bushing?

all the best

#4 Arti ONLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,311 Thanks
  • 970 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 07:50 PM

Horvick, I took mine apart and cleaned it up , lubed it with gun grease, It appeared that when using the grease fitting that it was only lubing part of the bearings.

#5 Horvik OFFLINE  

Horvik
  • 16 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 04:48 PM

Horvick, I took mine apart and cleaned it up , lubed it with gun grease, It appeared that when using the grease fitting that it was only lubing part of the bearings.

Hey Arti;

I took it apart as you said, and looked okay. I am wondering whether to replace the bushings, not sure as they look good to me.

there was a lot of grease inside when it first come apart.

The one chain had put rust in the can where it was soaking in oil . Probably need to replace it.

Any other ideas , please let me iknow.

All the best

#6 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• Member No: 8191
  • 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted November 02, 2012 - 10:13 PM

Hey Horvik,,If it is the chain then try some of this stuff I have a pic of below,, I had some vib's from chain's an folks had told me they hear noise comeing frim chain's on different things I have had,, Put a good coat on an run it couple times an see if it smooth out for ya,, Really did for me,, Its Teflon Chain-Saver,, Just oil on chains don't really smooth them up much but this stuff works great,, I use it on my motorcycles an any chains,, Hope this helps ya out,,, Even helps keep water off the chain's an dirt,,

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20121102_230251.jpg

• KennyP and Arti have said thanks

#7 Horvik OFFLINE  

Horvik
  • 16 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 07:01 PM

Hey Horvik,,If it is the chain then try some of this stuff I have a pic of below,, I had some vib's from chain's an folks had told me they hear noise comeing frim chain's on different things I have had,, Put a good coat on an run it couple times an see if it smooth out for ya,, Really did for me,, Its Teflon Chain-Saver,, Just oil on chains don't really smooth them up much but this stuff works great,, I use it on my motorcycles an any chains,, Hope this helps ya out,,, Even helps keep water off the chain's an dirt,,

Hey;

I noticed that the driveshaft ahd wobble in it when the PTO was engaged.
So took it all out,a dn found that the end to the blower had about 1/8" slop in it. Goit news joint ordered and hopes this fixes the wobble. Shafts and all is straight.

#8 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• Member No: 8191
  • 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 09:01 PM

Oh ok,, Cool,, Hope that takes care of it for ya,,