jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 02:43 PM

O.K. so I'm trying to put the huge pile of pieces together so I can roll things inside under cover for the season that is coming...
Non of the rear wheels on the Panzers my brother found me seem to fit flush against the rear drum, is this correct? Am I missing some spacers? Anybody else run into this? I didn't notice this at first but when I started checking around all of these seem to fit the same way.

took some pictures to hopefully help explain:

SANY0056.JPG
this is the one that I'm going to have to get new tires on to get it to roll inside...

SANY0057.JPG
this one had tires on the rims that we stuck on an had already rolled it inside the trailer, seems to have the same gap...

SANY0060.JPG
and this one, lots of rust but holding air has non tapered bolts, but still the same gap...
Seems like it would be pretty easy to over torque these lugs and distort the rim centers...
Two of these are T70's and the other two are T75's all seem to have the same rims, some just rustier.

Also found that the 9/16 X 18 lug bolts are pricey around here...as you can see I need more, but I'll make do for rolling them in right now with two each.

#2 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 05:15 PM

Besides perhaps the last one, doesn't look like you have stock panzer wheels. The center should be slightly larger to allow that round part of the axle through and mount flush.

#3 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 12:27 PM

O.K. so I'm trying to put the huge pile of pieces together so I can roll things inside under cover for the season that is coming...
Non of the rear wheels on the Panzers my brother found me seem to fit flush against the rear drum, is this correct? Am I missing some spacers? Anybody else run into this? I didn't notice this at first but when I started checking around all of these seem to fit the same way.

attachicon.gifSANY0056.JPG
this is the one that I'm going to have to get new tires on to get it to roll inside...

attachicon.gifSANY0057.JPG
this one had tires on the rims that we stuck on an had already rolled it inside the trailer, seems to have the same gap...

attachicon.gifSANY0060.JPG
and this one, lots of rust but holding air has non tapered bolts, but still the same gap...
Seems like it would be pretty easy to over torque these lugs and distort the rim centers...
Two of these are T70's and the other two are T75's all seem to have the same rims, some just rustier.

Also found that the 9/16 X 18 lug bolts are pricey around here...as you can see I need more, but I'll make do for rolling them in right now with two each.

attachicon.gifSANY0056.JPG

attachicon.gifSANY0057.JPG

attachicon.gifSANY0060.JPG

Looks ok to me. Not sure what else it could be but here's a pic of the wheel on my wife's Panzer.

AL

Attached Thumbnails

• LAGC Article Photos-186.JPG

#4 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 01:50 PM

Here's mine. There is small pin on the drum that lines up on the rim

Attached Thumbnails

• p wheel.jpg

#5 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• Member No: 1601
  • 1,626 Thanks
  • 943 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 01:56 PM

Rims hitting the rivets that hold drum on

#6 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 02:52 PM

Here's mine. There is small pin on the drum that lines up on the rim

Well, you have a distinctly different rim--note rings vs flat centers. Do you have a T65? Mine are 70 and 75's. It's hard to see in the photos but when you push the wheels in on mine they stop because the large ridge just at the edge of the flat center hits the drums before the center is flat against the drum. The only set that I have that doesn't do this is a set that was from a Cub that has an extra hole drilled for the line up pin. It pushes right in flat like you would expect. Not sure of the proper torque, but ALL of mine would distort the centers before they would be flat against the drum if drawn in with the lugs (roughly 3/16 gap) too flipping cold to go out there to measure today...-14F windchill

#7 Chris11 ONLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• Member No: 1601
  • 1,626 Thanks
  • 943 posts

Posted February 28, 2014 - 03:17 PM

There all trailer wheels with different off sets Those wheels where used on other tractors and I have a guy in conn that has the deep offset.