• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,791 Thanks
  • 7,540 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 02:02 PM

There still has t be some good ones, but where? The last Presidential candidate that I liked was in 1992, he was Bob Kerry of Nebraska. He was honest and cared about others which he demonstrated in Vietnam where he earned a Medal of Honor. Guys win the Medal because they care about their buddys more than they care about their own life. That's the kind of leader we need! He got so fed up with politics that he quit and went to run a university.

Edited by boyscout862, October 20, 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#17 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 02:17 PM

Afraid i dont believe there are any good ones. It costs so much to be elected a man with any principles has to sell out to the special interests to get their money and be elected. I ask how is that anything but legalized prostitution ?

In my opinion the most genuinely decent man who was in the white house in my lifetime was Jimmy Carter. He never proved to be an effective president?

Edited by JD DANNELS, October 20, 2012 - 02:20 PM.

• marlboro180 said thank you

#18 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,315 Thanks
  • 4,663 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 02:34 PM

I'm voting for Walter!!

I love NY!!

http://sphotos-b.xx....468116788_n.jpg
  • Team_Green said thank you

#19 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 05:10 PM

Mexican drug cartel seems about as promising as the monkeys up for the job..

And who are you left with??? The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Should be a limit to what they can spend.. 100k sounds like enough.. I'm sick of it all....

Afraid i dont believe there are any good ones. It costs so much to be elected a man with any principles has to sell out to the special interests to get their money and be elected.

#20 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 06:08 PM

There's plenty of oil and there's plenty of customers for it in the U.S. So much for the theory of "Supply and Demand" controlling the price. The operation of this theory was explained in detail to me by a poster on another forum. He might have been right a long time ago, but it's a new world out there in "sales", "production" and "marketing" and the ol' S & D isn't in the mix any longer.

Once oil (and other suppliers of "stuff") found out that us "consumers" would stand for absolutely ANYTHING and still continue to consume... all bets of reasonable price control was lost. We keep buying and they'll keep raising the prices until they notice a drop in profit. Let's face it, Americans will stand for anything anymore, gas is just one item in a loooong list of crap we quietly continue to eat. If you openly act on truly fixing the system and the FBI gets word of it... :D

To me, the "Boyz in da Woodz" have the "ways", they are just waiting for the rest of the populace to finally tire of the situation and ask for some "guidance". It will be a good long while though since the word "Patriot" has been twisted into a "New Age" meaning with a lot less sting to it.

#21 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,791 Thanks
  • 7,540 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 08:56 PM

Afraid i dont believe there are any good ones. It costs so much to be elected a man with any principles has to sell out to the special interests to get their money and be elected. I ask how is that anything but legalized prostitution ?

In my opinion the most genuinely decent man who was in the white house in my lifetime was Jimmy Carter. He never proved to be an effective president?

I agree, they get the money and we get screwed. I was in the D.C. area 76 - 79. Jimmy was a very hard worker and demanded alot from his staff. I heard many times that he was a decent man. Many of his predictions and warnings have come true.

#22 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 09:22 PM

The separation of oil and gas as commodities cannot, IMHO, be viewed as anything but a way to better control the profits of the producers!

This is the real problem. Guys that own a gas station or fuel oil company aren't making much per gallon.
The industry has lobbied Washington to no avail, only people making real money on gas/oil fuel are only buying a piece of paper, like it was apple or orange juice. Fuel shouldn't be viewed as a commodity but as essential.
  • caseguy and LilysDad have said thanks

#23 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 05:29 PM

"Guys that own a gas station or fuel oil company aren't making much per gallon."

But they are making a profit and maybe gas is only to draw folks in for beer and cupcakes. Used to be the gas was a draw for the mechanical service. Now since cars no longer need care as often you have to sell Lotto and Lil' Debbie to pull the customers in. The guys in my neighborhood must be doing alright, they've been there for years. Seems to me more and more all big business was and has to be crooked to keep the stockholders happy. Why I remember back during the "Teapot Dome" scandal, they'd.....

#24 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 08:52 PM

I'm voting for Walter!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8--lrON9yzs

I love NY!!

http://sphotos-b.xx....468116788_n.jpg

Sooooo Who bought a prius??

#25 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 08:07 AM

I'm betting fuel prices will go down before the election, to give us the impression things are not so bad.

The current Secretary of Transportation testified before Congress that it was not his job to control fuel prices.
He further stated that in his opinion Gasoline should cost $5.00 per gallon. and upon further questionig admited that he did not own a car or drive?
  • GTTinkerer said thank you

#26 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 09:08 PM

and upon further questionig admited that he did not own a car or drive?

Of his own that he has to pay for fuel for???

#27 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,647 Thanks
  • 7,677 posts

Posted October 23, 2012 - 07:22 AM

I'm betting fuel prices will go down before the election, to give us the impression things are not so bad.

I suppose that depends on who Big Oil wants to win.

#28 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted October 23, 2012 - 11:05 AM

Well, just to illustrate the goofiness of overreaching Govt . bodies...

http://online.wsj.co...3075265822.html

By RYAN TRACY

Rett Rasmussen sells gas-log sets, which use a "dancing flame" design that his father invented more than 50 years ago to replicate a cozy wood fire.
They are just for decoration, he says. But as the season approaches for families to gather around the hearth—real or fake—Mr. Rasmussen and other makers of hearth products are having a flare-up with the Department of Energy. The federal agency says it has the authority to regulate the log sets as heating equipment, though it isn't proposing any changes now.

• MH81 said thank you

#29 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 23, 2012 - 11:14 AM

Well, just to illustrate the goofiness of overreaching Govt . bodies...

http://online.wsj.co...3075265822.html

Ah yes, the DOE, another monumental brain fart of Jimmy the "I don't have a clue" Carter.

#30 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,647 Thanks
  • 7,677 posts

Posted October 23, 2012 - 12:45 PM

(sigh) Sorry. I... I just have such a bad feeling about this thread! I just think I'm going to have to turn myself in to be banned..... before the Authorities send the Breakers out to pick me up. :watch_over_fence: Has anyone even seen Jersey Ken???

Edited by LilysDad, October 23, 2012 - 12:47 PM.