48 replies to this topic

#46 farmer OFFLINE  

farmer
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 12595
  • 9 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 06:19 PM

Actually the spring isn't reversible on this one. It would go into the rear. I need to work on the throttle now. It doesn't want to throttle up right. The little wire going from the governor to the carb is bent wrong or something. I actually broke it today so she's out of commission. I noticed I'm getting a lot of pieces of metal or something hitting me in the eye when I'm on it. I hope its pieces of rust out of the muffler and not the motor blowing up. She does smell funny and I'm not sure if all of them smell that way or not. Also the throttle as w.o.t. is way to high. I don't have a tack but she's screams. I think its because of the wire to the carb being messed up and also it has 2 positions. High and low. No middle throttle. Other than these little things I'll be happy if she holds together.

#47 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 07:16 PM

You may be missing the piece that you hook the spring to in the front. Mine just had a bolt.
  • farmer said thank you

#48 farmer OFFLINE  

farmer
  • GTt Junior
  • 9 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted October 24, 2012 - 07:28 PM

Actually the spring is in the front but I can't see how or where it would hook to in the rear. Because of its length it would to hook back behind the rear close to the drawbar.

The throttle starts with the throttle toward the back But top of the engine. The cable goes into a square piece that's a long rod that goes down and hooks to the governor via a spring. On the other side of the governor is a wire piece(that's now broke) that goes from the governor up to the carburetor. The piece of wire is bent wrong or something and will either will only idle and when open it up does nothing or just the opposite. Funny thing is before she ran I knew this was going to give me a fit but it worked pretty well yesterday. I installed a new throttle cable and I have some length left over and I'm think I can use the inside part to make a new wire for the linkage. Its not as thick but its just as stiff.

Edited by farmer, October 24, 2012 - 07:40 PM.

#49 farmer OFFLINE  

farmer
  • GTt Junior
  • 9 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted November 07, 2012 - 06:45 PM

Success!

I won a parts carburetor, air filter assembly and basically someone's junk but my treasure and now she runs great. What a blast this little thing is to ride but boy with only 9hp its under powered with my big behind on it pulling hills. I'm only ever going to use it to pull carts and stuff and maybe use it to repair fences in the mountains so I'm happy. Not a steal but a good buy at 300 dollars and only about another 100 invested in it.