#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,663 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 05:19 PM

Portland swap guy had a Brand New, in the box 4speed for metal PK to sell. Have never seen one before. Came with special smaller center clutch disc too. $750 small dollars would take it home! Heh! Looks about the same as one's in Plastic Kings, cept the one half of case is diff to mount on the bellhouse and has that input shaft for clutch.

#2 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 19, 2012 - 06:54 PM

Portland swap guy had a Brand New, in the box 4speed for metal PK to sell. Have never seen one before. Came with special smaller center clutch disc too. $750 small dollars would take it home! Heh! Looks about the same as one's in Plastic Kings, cept the one half of case is diff to mount on the bellhouse and has that input shaft for clutch.

Never seen one.

#3 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,628 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 07:00 PM

Wish you would have gotten a pictures .

#4 farmer ONLINE  

farmer
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 12595
  • 9 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 08:07 PM

Are they as strong as the t92s?

#5 Buggyman OFFLINE  

Buggyman
  • Member No: 11338
  • 42 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 08:17 PM

I think a 4 speed would be awfully nice in a 2418. I think that they are geared to fast in the lowest gear for many applications with the 3 speed.
Mike

#6 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 08:50 PM

I think a 4 speed would be awfully nice in a 2418. I think that they are geared to fast in the lowest gear for many applications with the 3 speed.
Mike

That is why they started using the dual set-up and later switched to the 4 speed. I have never had one, but hear they are tricky to get the shifting pattern down.

#7 farmer OFFLINE  

farmer
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 12595
  • 9 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 09:15 PM

Everyone says you only need duals for tillering and snow blowing but with my 24s on my 77 I gear down to plow and stuff also

#8 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 09:22 PM

Everyone says you only need duals for tillering and snow blowing but with my 24s on my 77 I gear down to plow and stuff also

You can use it for anything. On the '75 I gear the tractor WAY down when pulling something, just so I don't have to get the engine roaring as high. Or when going over something (like a rock wall) and I don't want to ride the clutch.

#9 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,663 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted October 20, 2012 - 11:17 PM

Not sure on the 4spds in the metal tractors. Yahoo PK group has discussed those a little. The ones in the Plastic Kings didn't hold up so well, but think it had more to do with that clutch pack they used hanging it's weight on front of trans. bearings/seals went bad, then drained into clutch and cuased slipping. Shaft vibration from engine to clutch pak was another problem and may have cuased some of those issues. That 4spd is called a 92 T, just the opposite of T92 3spd. Not sure why they did that?