5 replies to this topic

#1 farmer OFFLINE  

farmer
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 12595
  • 9 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 05:13 AM

Good morning. Someone for sale has a craftsman gt6000 with a front end loader on it. Was curious if anyone has any idea if it could physically fit in a power king. Obviously it wouldn't be a direct bolt on but just curious if anyone had any idea if it would fit and wondering what loaders people have put on their kings!

#2 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 05:52 AM

I can't help you except if you need pictures of where they mount a loader on a 2418 and sizes , good luck , if you post some pictures of the loader someone might be able to help , Al

#3 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 06:12 AM

I would think it would fit but, as you say, it would take some work to do it. I once knew someone who had installed a Workhorse loader from a Wheelhorse on his PK. It ended up being a pretty nice unit because the bucket was close to the front of the tractor so it was a little more compact. The thing that would concern me most is not the fit but rather the strength of the loader unit itself. Some of them look a little weak in comparison to the PK made unit. I've lifted some insane things with mine that I'm not sure I would want to try with some of the others.

#4 farmer OFFLINE  

farmer
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 12595
  • 9 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 07:49 AM

Yeah, after looking at the loader is see what you're saying about it being weak. I'll just keep my eyes out for a 1614 with a loader. It seems that usually people want close to 4 grand for them. Restored I don't see a problem but I use mine and really don't want that nice of one. I'll hold on to my money. Going to go buy a 64 first of the week anyhow.

#5 nick857 OFFLINE  

nick857
  • Member No: 12871
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 08:54 PM

The sears loader could be a Kwik Way and they are stronger than you might think. We have used one on a Wheel horse with no problems and also sold one to a friend who installed his on a Ford 4x4 model 1210. Never used one of the self leveling models so Im not sure how they would do long term under heavy use. http://www.kwmanufac...m/prod_load.htm

#6 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted October 21, 2012 - 09:41 PM

The self leveling Kwik's work just fine. We have a couple in the family and I've heard no complaints. They are heavier than the Johnson Work horse that I use but I would say strength wise they are comparable. Just a word of advise. When installing a loader on one of these smaller tractors try to keep the bucket as close to the front of the tractor as possible when it is in the down position. This will reduce the amount of ballast needed on the back of the tractor. It will also reduce the strain on the front axle.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: loader