11 replies to this topic

#1 thecoater OFFLINE  

thecoater

Tractorholic

• Member No: 757
  • 13 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted August 09, 2010 - 03:26 PM

has anyone ever replaced these without going to a massey dealer ,I have gone through 3 belts in less than 1.5 acres of mowing and I was told by a customer that it was my pulleys so I called massey and they said 35 each :shoot3:
can anyone point me in the right direction
thanks in advance

#2 thecoater OFFLINE  

thecoater

Tractorholic

• 13 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted September 12, 2010 - 01:53 PM

ok I need the center shaft that holds the top pulley to the mower deck, anyone ever replace this with a non massey part?

#3 DMAX ONLINE  

DMAX

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 264
  • 182 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted September 20, 2010 - 09:18 PM

I just replaced my mule drive pulleys. I got them from jackssmallengine.com They were agco pulleys and I believe were $17 a piece. The center shaft is ok on mine so I can't help you there. I've only had the tractor since March.

#4 Guest_Big Bill_*

Guest_Big Bill_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted September 20, 2010 - 09:24 PM

Also make sure Your using the right size belt I wen through3 35 dollar Masssey belts until I found out from other the book had a misprint on belt size. Since then, I've notice many difference in belt sizes from supplier to supplier for the same tractor. BTW, I think I'm using a 90 or 91 inch belt whatever size it was, it was a least a inch shorter than the manual said

#5 achigan1179 OFFLINE  

achigan1179

• Member No: 1392
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted October 18, 2010 - 02:47 PM

The 91-inch belt is correct and you can get it from any Gates supplier or Mcmaster-Carr. Jacksmallengine has the mule drive pulleys and the shafts can be matched up with a John Deere part.

#6 thecoater OFFLINE  

thecoater

Tractorholic

• 13 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted October 21, 2010 - 04:47 PM

I need the whole center piece, shaft ,housing ,,all of it LOL

I will take a pic of what I took off-the guy I bought it from busted off the grease zerk and filled it with caulk or something -
so I just want to replace the whole thing -there is so much paint build up on this thing its ridiculous ,Its like he just poured from the can or ????

all I know is, it is harder to find parts for this mf-14 then it was for my 70 skylark

#7 thecoater OFFLINE  

thecoater

Tractorholic

• 13 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted December 03, 2010 - 02:45 PM

heres a pic of what I need,maybe there is a snapper version that will work ,this is the center pulley on a 510 deck ,

its the 1 that has 2 pulleys 1 from the mule drive and 1 for the deck belt ,I would like to find a whole replacement if thats possible

Attached Thumbnails

• coated  parts 003.jpg
  • coated  parts 001.jpg

#8 thecoater OFFLINE  

thecoater

Tractorholic

• 13 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 04:01 PM

any help at all guys on this part would be great I have the upper pulley but need the lower and the complete center shaft assembly in the pictures for the 510 mower deck
or even some part numbers if anyone else has run into this problem in the past

#9 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 04:24 PM

AGCO Parts Books

You can still buy pretty much all of the deck
  • thecoater said thank you

#10 thecoater OFFLINE  

thecoater

Tractorholic

• 13 Thanks
  • 111 posts

Posted May 15, 2011 - 07:50 PM

thanks for the link I did have it already ,
I hate there website , its BS and irratating !Im trying to go around them ,Im sure in the 35 yrs someone has gone around them and got the same parts without having to deal with them-atleast since the invention of the internet anyways
the deck is probably not worth there mark up, on what there gonna want for that whole assembly!
I may also be better off just getting a tow behind and just be done with all the belts pulleys etc ,I only use the rider to do the field behind and on the side of my house and use a self propelled for around my house(exercise LOL)

once I fix this Im sure something else will come up and so on, and so on,this tractor isnt that important to me at this point-and been more of a money pit than anything-
this has been one of my least enjoyable projects I think I have ever taken on,and trust me that says alot

#11 pianotuner OFFLINE  

pianotuner

• Member No: 7799
  • 55 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 11:31 PM

I'm new here. You can take the spindle assembly to a machine shop to either have a new spindle made or your old one welded up and reground if it is chewed up at the bearing spots. to get the spindle out of the shell, you just need to grind off the two dimples on the housing at the lower bearing. Then press the shaft out.
OR you can have new spindles made by welding the round part to the shaft part. I had this done. Unfortunately the maker machined the new ones exactly like the old ones that were chewed up so I had to have a friend do the weld up and regrind. A good auto parts store should be able to get the bearings from the size of the old ones.

#12 outlaw070665 OFFLINE  

outlaw070665
  • Member No: 8679
  • 6 Thanks
  • 30 posts

Posted February 23, 2012 - 10:38 PM

the old 60 model murreys had a simular set up see if you can find one and compare them