Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips, how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

New Contact For Bolens Parts, Portland In Fall Swap Meet

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 redcarkids OFFLINE  

redcarkids

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7555
  • 159 Thanks
  • 397 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 06:33 PM

Met a guy today that I thought was interesting enough to let yo guys know about him. This man said he has been dealing with Bolens mowers, partsw for 30 years. He said he has bought out a lot of dealers in the past and has 5 guys working for him. He owns 150+ bolens pieces of equipment. He buys whole collections of Bolens and has tried to buy out the infamaous Sonny Bolens of Penville Indiana, who I hear is in Jail???. This man said he builds Loaders for the tube frame tractors, and sells them for 2500.00. He also makes sleeve hitches for them.
He does not have a web sight and has never advertised on the net. Doc Bolens! He said he had parts for the greenbriar model???? I will say I just met the guy but was impressed with the knowledge he had. He had the bolens planterfor 150.00, the 900, for 400.00 and the versa matic for 400.00.
The rest of the photos are thingsI wished for today. The winter cab was $50.00, fit a g11 I think. The thermo was $55.00 and the guy would only come down 5.00. Came back for it and it was gone. The fork lift was mounted to a 3 point hitch on a bigger bolens. Thought that was a neat Idea. I think it was a home made job. The other mowers and walk behinds were odds and ends. It rained last night so the grounds was real muddy and this kept some of the vendors away. Still had a good day shopping.

Attached Thumbnails

• p13.jpg
  • p8.jpg
  • p10.jpg
  • p11.jpg
  • p3.jpg
  • p5.jpg
  • p7.jpg
  • p6.jpg
  • p12.jpg
  • p2.jpg
  • p4.jpg

• Bolens 1000, grand, Texas Deere and Horse and 3 others have said thanks

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 6,323 Thanks
  • 13,599 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 06:44 PM

Thanks for the pics and info!
I sure wish we had shows around here that had as many Bolens as the ones I see posted here! :(

$50 was an absolute steal on that thermometer, as I have seen one bring over $300 on ebay when it was listed years ago. They are not all that common.
  • MailmAn said thank you

#3 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,301 Thanks
  • 1,252 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 07:23 PM

I sure wish we had shows around here that had as many Bolens as the ones I see posted here! :(

50 was an absolute steal on that thermometer, as I have seen one bring over 300 on ebay when it was listed years ago. They are not all that common.

I saw the same auction. It went nuts !! I bought mine from the same seller for $60.00

#4 redcarkids OFFLINE  

redcarkids

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7555
  • 159 Thanks
  • 397 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 07:59 PM

$50 was an absolute steal on that thermometer, as I have seen one bring over $300 on ebay when it was listed years ago. They are not all that common.

I must be to picky. It was within the first 1/2 hour of being there and I wanted to save my money for what? I came home buying about $35.00 worth of stuff that I probably did not need but it sure looked like a good buy at the time. The next thermo I see Im getting!, if the price is right haha!

#5 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 403 Thanks
  • 726 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 09:25 PM

I must be to picky. It was within the first 1/2 hour of being there and I wanted to save my money for what? I came home buying about $35.00 worth of stuff that I probably did not need but it sure looked like a good buy at the time. The next thermo I see Im getting!, if the price is right haha!

LOL id go off the temperature and it was dead set on 50 and you said sonnys in jail ?

#6 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 6,323 Thanks
  • 13,599 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 08:04 AM

Hey guys, Just a heads up I edited out the contact info/ link in the first post as we feel it is in the best interest of the site/members and the seller if the links are not posted in the open forum as having a link out in the open forums often leads to the recipient getting numerous unwanted spam/advertising e-mails.

As a general rule of thumb on posts in the future, it is suggested/recommended that any threads with contact info be posted without the actual phone number/e-mail in the thread and for that info you directly contact the original poster in the thread via PM for the Name, Number ect.

I tried to word and explain this the best I could so hopefully this dosent come across as sounding "Mean" or "rude" as it was not intended to be that way.
  • grand, wilberj, Texas Deere and Horse and 1 other said thanks

#7 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 174 Thanks
  • 598 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 09:12 AM

I didn't even notice, lol. I must have been a late comer to this thread then since I didn't see any info posted. Well, if that's the case, then can someone please PM me this guy's info? I want to see if maybe he has some snowblower parts for "cheap" (or cheaper/cheap enough) to finish off mine. I also need a few other parts for my 850 that I haven't had any luck getting yet. Thanks!

#8 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 6,323 Thanks
  • 13,599 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 09:45 AM

I didn't even notice, lol. I must have been a late comer to this thread then since I didn't see any info posted. Well, if that's the case, then can someone please PM me this guy's info? I want to see if maybe he has some snowblower parts for "cheap" (or cheaper/cheap enough) to finish off mine. I also need a few other parts for my 850 that I haven't had any luck getting yet. Thanks!

Sent you the info....
  • redcarkids and MailmAn have said thanks

#9 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 9,959 Thanks
  • 13,356 posts