#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 06:36 AM

Thursday, first day of the Portland, IN swap, raining like crazy and was all night! 7:30 and heading out to go to breakfast first and then to show. Hourly weather says partly sunny by 9:00!!! Man, I hope so! Hope the fellas still come. Friday gonna be rainy worse they say, Sat looks pretty good, but many don't stay that long......some just come for Sat... We'll see! Wear some good boots if you come. Tall grass, low spots, plenty of water and mud.

#2 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,452 Thanks
  • 6,618 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 07:36 AM

Hope you get a break in the weather . It stinks that we wait all year for a certian show only to have it rain and make things so messy and not a lot of people show up . Al

#3 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 04:08 PM

Sorry about the weather, but we all talk about it but no one does anything about it!
Hope to see lots of pictures after the show.

#4 JakeKuhn OFFLINE  

JakeKuhn

Wheel Horse Addict

• Contributor
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 9298
  • 183 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 07:20 PM

Thats too bad about the weather. I still am yet to make it to one of these, hopefully I can make it to the one in the spring. Can't wait for some pics. ~Jake

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted October 19, 2012 - 02:38 PM

Well, day turned out Great! Sun already by 9:00 and not too cold. Kinda windy. By 3:30 was starting spotty rain again, but we were loading up our buys and leaving then. Found that WH GT14 Blade I wanted first thing. Also a cam for my K181 that was almost new for only $10. Guy had a bunch of them, some rusty tho and I picked out the nicest oily clean one. Found a few other trinkets too, quite a big to choose from. Sellers were pretty spread out and not as many. Glad I went then, cause today has been all rain for sure. Course if not rainy and muddy, it's not Portland! Spring is bigger, but not always nicer in weather. Have sat thru days of drizzle, one big storm, and nice as summer times when we go to sell stuff. Then you're there all week or days open.