Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

2012 Presidental Election

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Who are you voting for in the 2012 Presidental Election (51 member(s) have cast votes)

GT Talk Votes - no explanation necessary

1. Barrack Obama (9 votes [17.65%])

Percentage of vote: 17.65%

2. Voted Mitt Romney (40 votes [78.43%])

Percentage of vote: 78.43%

3. Undecided (1 votes [1.96%])

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

4. Neither (1 votes [1.96%])

Percentage of vote: 1.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,791 Thanks
  • 7,540 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 07:06 AM

Thank you all. I agree with most that is posted above. My opinion is that those of us who grew up in the fifties and sixties grew up at the best time. There was a majic to new toys, cars, holidays, and tv shows. Today, there is so much of everything that kids seem to be numbed to everything. They don't seem to have as much fun as we did, just hours with electronic addictions.

The vets today are treated better on their home comings but everything else is worse. Bush's wars seem to me, to be generally much more dangerous and stressfull than LBJs' war was. The only guys that I knew, who did more than 26 months in country were crazy volunteers(snake eaters and combat engineers). Now there are Reservists with 4 tours in the sand box. When its time to head home, if you admit to having PTSD while you are over there, you don't get to come home. I can personally attest to the lack of competency and honesty of Walter Reed Army Medical Center in the 70s.

My wife and I've got appointments at the VA this morning(we're both vets). We will see many people of all ages, who've paid high prices for our countrys' policies. Many of the young ones will lose their VA benefits with time. Bush gave Billions to Cheneys' company but they reduced benefits to the soldiers. This is a political tradition that goes back to the Revolutionary war and the Continental Congress not paying the troops for years.

I don't think things are as bad as they seem but there is economic trouble ahead. The Democrats are trying to take care of everyone which creates an opportunity for the lazy to do nothing but sponge off the system. The Republicans want to reduce the Government, taxes and oversite of finanacial institutes. Reagan reduced alot of Wall St restraints which gave us the collapse of 87. Bush gutted the FBI unit on Wall Street in 92. Bush Jr reduced oversite more and we got the collapse of 07. Most people got hurt by these collapses but there also were a few winners in the top 1%.

The democrats may bring us higher taxes in the future. The Republicans may reduce us all to working lower class with higher crime rates. I don't know what we can do about it except to vote our consciences and try to save for the rainy days to come. Good Luck to all.

Edited by boyscout862, November 08, 2012 - 07:09 AM.

• TerryD and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#62 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 08:29 AM

Thanks to you and all the others that have served and sacrficed for this country!
  • Team_Green said thank you

#63 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 09:09 AM

...my parents generation which would likely be Bobby's grandparents cause I'm the tail end of the Vietnam era...

maybe not... the folks were born in '41 and '44. They grew up on little money yet him and mom actually had a '57 Nomad, a '63 GTO and several others that my generation can't even imagine having. Really I could go on and on but I don't want to get depressed about what my kids have to look forward to.

#64 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted November 08, 2012 - 05:34 PM

a '63 GTO

Isn't that '64 GTO?? First year.

Edited by Amigatec, November 08, 2012 - 05:34 PM.

• twostep said thank you

#65 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted November 09, 2012 - 07:35 AM

Isn't that '64 GTO?? First year.

yeah, you are correct, i was thinking '63 for some reason... guess I'll have to ask dad about that.