Some things to consider when you go out to vote today: I use this list every four years !
1) You can not legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2) What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3) The government cannot give to anybody anything that it has not first taken from someone else.
4) You can not multiply wealth by dividing it.
5) When half the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and then the 2nd half figures out that it does no good to work because some body else is going to get what they worked for, that is the beginning of the end of a nation.
Nowhere in here do I cast any guilt on those that have been injured and can't work or veterans that need help, but those that feel they are entitled just because... Arrghh..
Please get out and vote for what you believe is right !!
Someone is always going to game the system, and that's too bad, but when you remove the social safety net for the least fortunate among us, people are hurt. I've seen a child die in my own high school and I am 99% sure that the reason was that her family did not have proper health care. No one likes the entitled underclass, but it is the price we must pay to assure that all children have food in their bellies and a roof over their head. You teach enough homeless kids it will alter your perception.
I'm also not thrilled to be in a union, but if unions are busted then no one will have a job steady enough to want a mortgage. I made twice as much in high tech as I do now, but I sick of having the pavement pulled out from under me every time a merger swallowed my company, sold off the assets and let all the employees go.
Liberalism isn't bad, neither is captialism or conservatism, but we need balance, not the divisiveness that permeates politics in this country today.