#16 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,289 Thanks
  • 2,328 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 02:40 AM

Ya I noticed but it's ALOT better than the one on my tractor.This one is fixable.

I just bought a White GT 1650 with a blown hydro pump and no engine tonight.So I'm dropping out of the bidding war.Got it for $0 the dash is near perfect.1 cracked corner.

Was down at a friends house and he said something about a junk lawn tractor he was about to take in for scrap and asked if I would help load it onto the trailer.I looked at it and said NO WAY how much for it?

Hope you get it grumpy.

Edited by EricFromPa, December 24, 2012 - 02:48 AM.

#17 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 05:38 PM

I won that one on epay with the dash and cables with it.Not here yet, but hope it is coming!  The other just plastic one broken more I got over-bid and glad I could let that go. We'll see what I get when here!

#18 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,289 Thanks
  • 2,328 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:05 PM

Very Cool grumpy,glad you got it.You may have to enlarge and off set the steering hole a bit to make it work on a 990 but it looks to be in good condition.

I'm thinking of making a sand mold of mine.Wondering if I could make one out of Aluminum?

#19 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4343
  • 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 11:25 AM

Sorry I haven't kept up on a progress of repo dashes, between the new job, deer season, holidays and the seasonal flu, I haven't been on in a while

After talking with Mark , a mold can be done for the dashes( i have to repair one to use as a template or take the NOS one off of a White 1050) the mold can be made as temporary as to do a couple or as Ericfrompa said, it can be made out of aluminum and be used to make hundreds- it's all about the cost, Hope to have some progress by spring- I have another parts commitment that needs met first.

The dashes are the same on a gear drive as a hydro, the hydro steering is offset for the drive shaft and uses a offset blockout plate, I have found hydro dashes on gear drive tractors, from factory

A side note to anyone  restoring any Whites , I have just about all the decals reproduced, especially the odd ball stuff, like the model and serial foil tags ,steering wheel , "YARD BOSS" side decal and battery decal.

The " YARD BOSS" decals that show up on ebay aren't correct, on the originals, the font of each letter is different and they don't show up on any offering, bottom line is it takes more than a computer and vinyl cutter to make this type of decal.

• RAJ said thank you