13 replies to this topic

#1 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted October 17, 2012 - 12:09 PM

Due to zoning issues and a lack of funds for my other projects I must sell off most of my collection of tractors. I have 2 mf12g tractors, 1 mf10, and 1 sears ss12 with snowblower. I also have the following attachments for the masseys- 2 mower decks, 1 snowblade (needs work), 1 snowblower for an mf7/8, and some assorted parts incase any tractors need parts. All are complete and run or will run with either a tune up or once the motor is put back. There are pictures in my registry of the tractors. The mf12g with the wheel weights and the mf12h with the off gray color and ag tires are the ones that I am keeping.
  • petrj6 said thank you

#2 Titus ONLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 06:33 AM

Hi, I didn't see a photo of the sears, would you happen to have that? What price did you have in mind for it? Thanks

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 06:40 AM

Sorry to hear you're being forced to sell. Is this a municipal zoning or a marital zoning?

#4 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 02:06 PM

Im not totally sure but it has something to do with the "average american family" and that most people dont have so many lawnmowers.
And f

#5 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 02:09 PM

Im not totally sure but it has something to do with the "average american family" and that most people dont have so many lawnmowers.
And for the sears I'll try and get some later today. It's not in the best shape since there's a plate welded to the engine plate and the hood is split up the middle. Not hard to fix since its mostly cutting off the extras and welding it back the right way. I'd say make me an offer on it.
  • MH81 said thank you

#6 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 02:32 PM

I can understand the lack of funds as sometimes we all might hit a little financial bump in the road,but i'm confused about the zoning........Are you fella's in the states only allowed a :wtf: certain number of GT's?

#7 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 04:02 PM

Sorta of, it is considered "unsightly" to have mare than one or 2 "lawn mowers" and is therefore cause for people to complain about whatever we have that they can see. An on that same note, if somebody were to enter our yard (uninvited, and no doubt to steal something or such) and got hurt on any of the stuff it becomes our fault they got hurt! OR, if somebody comes by and asks to buy something in our yard and we refuse, they can anonymously report us to the city for having item X in the yard and they think it is an eyesore. At that point they city can force us to get rid of it, and the person who asked to buy it now can, r can find it wherever we end up disposing of it. It is more the former senerio but that is basicly what it boils down to, if people dont like our stuff, or get hurt while trespassing then we are on the line and have to get rid of it.
  • tractorman604 said thank you

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted October 18, 2012 - 09:55 PM

I'm reminded of the phrase "Tall Fences make Good Neighbors..."

Good luck on the sales.
  • tractorman604, goodnews and Leonard VanCamp have said thanks

#9 MF10 DIESEL OFFLINE  

MF10 DIESEL

• Member No: 109
  • 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 12:06 AM

Sorta of, it is considered "unsightly" to have mare than one or 2 "lawn mowers" and is therefore cause for people to complain about whatever we have that they can see. An on that same note, if somebody were to enter our yard (uninvited, and no doubt to steal something or such) and got hurt on any of the stuff it becomes our fault they got hurt! OR, if somebody comes by and asks to buy something in our yard and we refuse, they can anonymously report us to the city for having item X in the yard and they think it is an eyesore. At that point they city can force us to get rid of it, and the person who asked to buy it now can, r can find it wherever we end up disposing of it. It is more the former senerio but that is basicly what it boils down to, if people dont like our stuff, or get hurt while trespassing then we are on the line and have to get rid of it.

I'm not a lawyer, but I will put this out there. Take it with a grain of salt, it isn't legal advice, and the laws of your state are not the same as mine.

I've found that alot of states have other laws that trump that "zoning" BS. The laws usually state the no person or city/county/state agency can limit the amount of personal property a person acquires in thier lifetime. I fought the heck out of a Nebraska municipality in 1998 using the university library to access the state statutes. I took that fancy information the city council meeting, after I got myself on the agenda. I refused to sign an "agreement" with the city council which would have forced me to abide by the councils decision. I told the towns attorney the council was not the word of law in our state and threatened them with the county attorney.

Anyway, the city attorney wanted to run for the hills in that meeting, once I whipped out that statute number (plus 3 others the violated) and read the full state laws, they stammered and stuttered and backed down in a hurry. It must have hurt a well known attorney pretty badly to be gunned down in flames by a 20 year old college student. Defend your rights and property if its on your ground its your business.

Willful tresspass is a prosecutable offense in most states. They can't really come onto your property without a warrant. A judge usually can't issue a warrant for the inspection since there is no felony being committed. I encourage you to look into the laws of your state. Most pidly goverment entities can't afford 12-20K in legal fees to drag you into county court over a few old garden tractors. I don't see how a machine is covered by zoning since it isn't a "fixture of the property" anyhow. Also, agricultural equipment may be exempt from such laws.

Sounds like you have a neighbor who thinks they are somebody.

What was at stake for me... A 69 chevelle malibu and a 68 impala custom coupe with a 396. Both were covered in the back yard on a "hard surface".

Edited by MF10 DIESEL, November 04, 2012 - 12:30 AM.

• goodnews said thank you

#10 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted November 04, 2012 - 02:08 PM

I went through all this malarkey with my county a couple of years ago. I had a neighbor who would call in a noise complaint every time I walked outside and farted. One night he called in a noise complaint after I had been in bed for 4 hours. Another night he called in a noise complaint before I ever got home. HE kept complaining about vehicles I had in the field (that he could not see without climbing a ladder and looking over the bushes on the fence line or trespassing). I did some research and found out that if they were under a roof there was nothing the county could do. SO I took bunch of old wooden garage doors and a couple of telephone poles and built a carport. The county officer that came back out to follow up on the complaint nearly fell down laughing when he saw it. HE said it was ugly, but it was legal. Really pissed off the neighbor. SO every time we worked on something in the yard he called in a a complaint.

One afternoon we started to take apart old AC units that we got from a contractor. The complete units were on my big trailer. We had a workbench sitting on a huge tarp that we placed one unit at a time on and disassembled, then the steel went on a small trailer on my wife's little S10 and the non ferrous parts went in the back of her truck. There was literally nothing in the yard. A county inspector came by and we chatted for a while. He asked why my neighbor had it in for me. I told him that the idiot was trying to sell a double wide trailer and 4 acres of land for $250,000 to pay for the new house he built in a swanky new subdivision. He made a quick phone call and then said, "Yeah you are right, It is your yard, do whatever the hell you want to in it." He did tell em that I could only have 500 square feet of junk and 3 untagged vehicles on my property. I informed him that I owned 2 lots and he could check tax records. I have never heard from them since.
I go out of my way to take care of my neighbors. I fix their cars, mow their yards, and on more than one occasion I have showed up with a shotgun when there was a problem. They all know that no matter what, if they need me I will be there - unless I have a problem out of them. Now if there is a problem the cops come to me and find out what I know before they do anything else.

Check you local ordinances. You might find out that someone is blowing smoke and trying to make you do something that they want, and not what the ordinances say.
  • MH81, goodnews and mmjhouston have said thanks

#11 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted January 28, 2015 - 03:49 PM

I want to know what-ever happened to mindin' your own business? Like a Roy Acuff song, "Sweep around your own back-door"!

• Leonard VanCamp said thank you

#12 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted January 28, 2015 - 09:24 PM

How about some better pics ?  What are you thinking $$ for the massy 12's with a deck and plow ?

#13 adolphsson09 OFFLINE  

adolphsson09
  • Member No: 9844
  • 249 Thanks
  • 316 posts

Posted January 29, 2015 - 02:14 AM

This is a good topic as I just submitted paperwork for a permit to add on to a shed in my yard so I can put all the tractors and attachments inside out of the general publics eyes for fear someone may start complaining Here is the kicker I built the existing shed 10 years ago out of steel its a post frame building and the new ordinances say you cannot build these types of buildings in town as it looks to agricultural HORSE PUCKY Anyway im waiting on a response from the city now

#14 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,302 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted January 29, 2015 - 07:39 AM

How about some better pics ?  What are you thinking $$ for the massy 12's with a deck and plow ?

Just wanted to mention that this is over two years old. He may have had to move them by now.
  • UncleWillie and petrj6 have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale